Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrives in the UK in 3 weeks and the first thing I want done after servicing it is the cambelt. Where is the best place to get a cambelt from, and is it worth replacing anything else while this is getting done?
And the big question....how much will I be looking at paying?

Thanks in advance, Gav :crazy:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
im sure someone had a cam belt kit for sale in the lat few weeks,i would have a quick search,that will probably throw up a good guide to pricing too

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was that with you supplying the parts mate, or was that for everything?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent..thanks for that mate! Just have to find someone over in Northern Ireland to do the work now :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I paid £280 fitted + VAT including tensioners
fcuk me sideways with an oversize pole, I need to get into skyline servicing.... eeeek by ek and all that shite.

2 hours work and what, £100 tops worth of parts? By George, Gerald and Stanley :40oz:

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, the company that is importing the car said they'd service it, but was still going to do the plugs, oil etc myself to be sure. I'd never attempt the cambelt on me own though.

Where's the best place to be buying all the parts from then?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
oem parts are suplied by a company called blue print, if you want uprated stuff the skys the limit.

si

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, not sure what i'm going to do yet as i'm not even sure what's been done to it already til it gets here? OEM cambelt, idler and tensioner will be ok for now though so i'll check out blue print, cheers mate!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can they supply and fit all parts for the Gts-T? I had problems with Toyota when I had the MR2 Turbo, and again with Subaru with the WRX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts