Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me I don't no when the cambelt will need changing on my car its done 62000 and if there is any other parts that could cause big problems through age and mileage !:devil: :feedback:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi mate,

Best advice i can give (if you've not long had the car) get the belt changed, idler & tensioner. Also get the Water pump done too because if that goes you'll be changing the belt again.

This is what i did when I first got mine mate, helps you sleep easier LOL :D

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cam Belt

Best advise mate is, if your not sure when it was last changed , then get it done as this could be very expensive should it give up on you.
And depending in the level of tuning done on the car i believe a stage one would need a rebuild at approx 80 thousand miles?
Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think the manual says to change at 65,000.

I have just gone past that mark and am getting mine done shortly (if Middlehurst ever actually send me a belt!!).

I'll be getting the tensioner changed as well and to be honest no reputable mechanic would change the cambelt without changing the tensioner at the same time.

Water pump is often done at the same time because it is a very simple job to do once you have taken all the covers and existing belt off. I'm not going to because I'm a cheapskate!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
People always forget that cambelt changes are not just mileage related. It is usually XXX miles or 5 yrs whichever comes first.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just did my cam belt, and now the water pump has started squeaking. What a pisser, gonna have to do it all again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts