Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by the previous owner of my car that the ecu was a "Mines Platinum"
now i have heard mixed information on wether thay can be remapped.

Anyone finally solve this debate for me as im needing a mapping session soon and dont want to book one and find out nothing can be done!

also can it be replaced as a straight swap for a standard one that can be mapped?

Looking forward to replys to this one!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
as far as im aware r33 gtst ecu's can not be mapped in the uk mines or standard ones.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It cant be mapped here in the uk although it can be mapped via mines in japan.
You would need to send it to them with details and mods to the car etc but even then the chances are it wont be mapped that well as every engines slightly different.

As yet a standard ecu cant be mapped for the R33 yet although r32's can be.

I would advise to get a standard ecu and return it back to the standard system and then realisticly go with a piggyback ecu depending on your current mods and what further mods you have planned?
If your not venturing to drastic then an apexi SAFC will suffice but if your going to change your turbo etc your better off going for the likes of a greddy ultimate.hks f-con or even uprating the ecu itself.If your going this route try and find someone capable of doing the mapping who your happy with before you buy it.Not all mappers can map the various items available.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bugger! good job i have a apexi safc2 to set up. i guess this is kind of a piggyback ecu?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
No, SAFC 2 is no ECU! It´s just a piggyback fuel controler. You can adjust the amount of fuel injected by changing the AFM signal, but you can´t for example work on the ignition timing with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts