Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a GTT...
Is the air flow meter a hot-wire or a vortex type?
Does it have low resistance injectors without dropping resistors?
Does it have 6 individual ignition signals
Ta

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have no idea mate wish I could help slightly too technical for me I am afraid. But I was told the AFM was exactly the same as the one on the GTST not sure if that helps

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
In that case its a hot-wire type. Don't know about the injectors but the gtst does have 6 individual ingition signals one for each coil.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magic thanks...
Now if I can only figure out why it wont start.....hmmmm
Its turning over and really trying to start but...sort of half fireing, Ive tried new splitfires and am waiting for new plugs....i think I may have damaged some electronic component other than the ECU as i have tried two....but Im struggling to think what it might be...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shed loads of fuel...there seems to be some spark as it fires every now and again..but is either miles off in timing or order or something electronic is burst

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I think it very unlikely a duff AFM / MAF would prevent the motor starting, when they fail they just appear to cause intermittent hesitation throughout the RPM range.

Just in case I've included a link to a simple AFM repair process, simple because it's almost always the solder joints on the socket pins to the PCB which crack. These are very large solder joints so very easily resoldered, the hardest part is stripping down, so if you need to do it follow the thread and make it easy.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60654&highlight=afm+repair.

Aitch

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help...
I was planing to look at the AFM next...Ive refitted the original ECU and its still the same. Are there any other electronic components I should look at?

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Have you tried an ECU diagnostic now that everything is back to standard? I have a laptop with nissan datascan on it and cable if you want to borrow it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
magic that would be great...
I have a lap top i could load the stuff on if needed...
could you give me a shout on 07739906826,
thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts