Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your standard wheels for my SVA test as I think my car will fail with the tyres and alloys I have now. I'd be willing to leave a deposit while I'm getting the test done. Someone up in the North East would be good.

Not asking for much eh!

S

·
0 Posts
You shouldn't have much of a problem with the Jap wheels as long as they have the size and speed/load rating on them

ie 215/55/16 VR

they will also need to be marked, there are three that are acceptable

'E' Marking - unlikely for Jap tyres

JIS - this is a strage sort of symbol in a circle on the side of the tyre,

and another one that for the life of me I can't remember.

Simon

oh and they don't need to be legal for the SVA just correctly marked - so bald as a coot is okay! (not sure what a coot is though..........)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Bald coot, a name of the European coot (Fulica atra). Coots are water birds whose white head colouring give them the appearance of baldness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info but my tyres are 235/45/ZR17's so I think I may have a problem when I go to the test on Monday. Don't know anyone with a ZX300 or 200, going to see some guy with a partowrn tyre business to see if he has any alloys that will fit for the day.

S

·
0 Posts
RoboPope said:
Bald coot, a name of the European coot (Fulica atra). Coots are water birds whose white head colouring give them the appearance of baldness.
you learn something new every day :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aye, it says 235/45/ZR17's on them and they have the Jap circle with the wavey line through it. I was talking to the guy at the SVA centre and he said the Skylines are pretty much straight forward but problems occur with wrong size wheels & tyres that throw out the speed check and also that some exhaust pipes extend beyond the profile of the rear bumper. I would hate to reverse really quickly and stab some idiot in the eye as they were down on their knees looking at my exhaust pipes!!! Hope I don't have to shorten them with a hacksaw.

S

·
0 Posts
so long as the rolling radius is right then the speed test should also be no problem.

a tyre size checker can be found

Here

exhaust - well if it sticks out a long way it will be a problem - mostly depends on the tester, I had a friend whose Subaru failed becasue of a 10mm nut on the inside of his bumper where the foglights normally mount. :eek:

What I found when SAV'ing mine was for the emissions the CAT needed to be warm for it to pass.

HTH

Simon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talking to the guy at the SVA centre after the car had failed due to thwe incorrect tyre size putting the speedo out. He says that a guy cam in with bald tyres last week and it had to be towed back home as they refused to allow it back on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts