Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to this forum, im going to buy a 1995 240sx from an auction tommarow and it has this motor in it, not sure if its a rb20 or rb25 (i dont know too much about these cars) if somebody can please give me a little insight i would really appreciate it. this is the only pic i have as of now. if its not helpfull enough is there any other things i can look at when i go inspect the car to identify it for sure? thanks guys

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
It's an RB25DET NEO (R34 engine)

The cam breathers are directly opposite each other on the R32 and R33 engines, but slightly offset on the NEO
Looks like the R34 (Hitachi) CAS too

edit - also, welcome to the forums... if you buy it, put some pics up :bigthumb:

·
Registered
796 Posts

The cam breathers are directly opposite each other on the R32 and R33 engines, but slightly offset on the NEO

edit - also, welcome to the forums... if you buy it, put some pics up :bigthumb:
i though those rocker covers looked a bit odd.

Should be a decent motor with that in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, im just afraid if the motor is seized, i hope they let me start it before buying. is this motor differant then a regular rb25det?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

What other CAS could it have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on another forum somebody said the ignition module is missing on the back of the rocker cover, he said there the 4 bolts are sticking up, thats where the module goes.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
only spec 1s had that module

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
oh yeah ross very similer :doh:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
what auction have you found this at mate ?

PM me if its a secret auction:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts