Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on the pictures can someone explain these rolling road print outs for me.

Like High speed lamba what does it actually mean????

Can someone explain these both to me in plain english lol..... connected up boost guage today and its running holds 22psi to redline on GT25 tubbys (r32 GTR)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
thats over a bar!!! 14.5 psi in 1 bar so lets hope you have supporting mods :)

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats over a bar!!! 14.5 psi in 1 bar so lets hope you have supporting mods :)
Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
Apexi Power FC
HKS Induction Kit
Tomei Stage 2 Camshafts
HKS Metal Headgasket
560cc Fuel Injectors
Uprated Sports Fuel Pump
Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch Kit
3.5" Downpipe Back Exhaust System with De-Cat
Mapped by RC Developments at 418bhp at the Wheels (approx 530hp at the Flywheel)
Tomei Adjustable Suspension Coilovers
17" AVS Alloys with good tyres
Blitz Traction Controller

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the graphs look a bit,errr uneven to my untrained eyes,once it goes over 5500 rpm the boost drops off from 1.4 to 1.2bar between 5.5k rpm and 7500,power looks to fluctuate quite bit too
anyone shed any light on why it looks like that after 5.5k ?

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
well seeing as that graph is going a bit bonkers around the 5500rpm mark I'd say coilpack breakdown, but then at 7.5krpms it looks like its looped back on itself - as if someone is dicking about with a dyno image and photoshop lol!

maybe worth checking packs n plugs?

another thing to look at - your injectors are 560cc and you mention that there is 530bhp at the fly? It may be possible that the injectors are juuuusssst starting to max out - ie: they're injecting 100% of the time so no pulse width - just one stream - this can kill em real quick. As a good guide your inj's want to be running no more than 80-85% of their duty. some ppl have mapped inj's further but they wont last long - that said all kinds of bits are different - I've seen some ppl run 1bar on stock ceramic tubs and had no issues :/

another thing to look at is your afm - maybe thats maxing out somewhere?

its just the fact that the power is actually climbing ever so slightly but its def peaking and troughing as it goes.

I would take it down to 0.9bar & get the inj's to 80% for the time being or have a v.light pedal (tough on empty roads and sunny days!), see where it goes from there... but start with the smaall things - stuff like the connections to the afm and the plug gap/coilpacks then see whats happening after that :)

got the potential to be a monster tho thats for sure - cams ....mmmmmmm

*edit - I'm no mapping expert by a long shot - I've just seen similar curves on other sites and its often been one of those probs but I could be way off the mark*

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well its mapped and rolling roaded a year ago. i got the car about 3 days ago.... i since changed the coils to spitfire and some good plugs... from my r33 gtr which now written off

connected up the boost guage today to see its boost. it holds 1.4 bar to redline... does not tail off... checking power FC and redline is nearly maxing out injectors but not quite.
its bloody rappid tho.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well its mapped and rolling roaded a year ago. i got the car about 3 days ago.... i since changed the coils to spitfire and some good plugs... from my r33 gtr which now written off

connected up the boost guage today to see its boost. it holds 1.4 bar to redline... does not tail off... checking power FC and redline is nearly maxing out injectors but not quite.
its bloody rappid tho.

as that print out is year old maybe it was bouncing about on the rollers.... never know...
driving the car on road ,boost is hard and smooth. and the boost guage was steady as.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
if that was a misfire it would be far more aggressive on the print out, thats why to me its in the map, it needs to be far more smoother
its just interesting as my first gtst still pulled but the coilpacks were jaffed - I swapped em out and it was really smooth :/ do you reckon inj's then chief? smith there says they're nearly max'd out?

be interested in seeing what this issue is. Here chief - if it was ign retardation what would the curve be looking like?

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
To your original question, high speed lambda figure is basically the Air/Fuel ratio but it needs to be converted to your typical AFR value.

Driving the car on the road won't necessarily allow you to feel the bumpy map. It should be pretty smooth though on a good map. If that map was done a year ago, I'd get it back on a dyno to see what it's like now.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Rc Developments ... Explains it all.....

Get to someone who knows the skyline...

Take it to RSP... Youll be surprised at what they will get!!!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Looks like your car has been jumping about on the dyno (I'm no expert). I would definitely take it to Rising Sun for a health check though, a lot of people are glad they did mate!:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts