Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
piece of pi$$ :screwy: :screwy:

GTR? 4WD? not a problem my old china, still a doddle to make them drift, especially on the A1 when this happens ......

space saver on the back makes life interesting when you've got 265's all round :dogpile:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Geoff wasn't in my sidewall :screwy:

had both back wheels off very recently (read as <1 week ago) to change the pads on the back, tyres were fine then, only problem i've had is a leaking valve on the nearside rear, but this is the offside rear that's gone.

pretty fecked off as they're pretty new tyres, replaced the pair of them less than 2k miles ago, and 265/35/18's aren't cheap, well not by my standards anyway.
heard quite a lot of folks have had the same thing with F1's, as much as i like them as a tyre, i'm going back to P-Zero rosso's :D

wake up isn't the term for it! accelerating hard towards the top of 3rd, brown pants central :D to be fair the car behaved impeccably once i'd caught it :screwy:

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
There was a video clip of someone drifting accross all 4 lanes of the A1 last year - bet it was you;)

Seriously though, glad to hear that you are OK Stu :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep an F1, there's a few folk on the SXOC i know this has happened to with F1's too.

sucks as they're a pretty damned good tyre, but having sidewalls made of chocolate kinda spoils the day :D

G

·
Hi Stu,

glad you and the car are ok.
I never liked the Eagle F1's on my 200sx, they were terrible for tramlining and grip was lacking even in the dry compared to the Toyos we had on the car before.
I was glad when geoff put toyos back on.

·
Registered
796 Posts
why anyone would want to drift is beyond me.. buy a gts or a 200sx if your into that thing...

i dont see the appeal in going sideways...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
R32-GTR said:
why anyone would want to drift is beyond me.. buy a gts or a 200sx if your into that thing...

Reading the post, not sure it was entirely on purpose or desired :rofl:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
R32-GTR said:

methinks you've missed the general idea here :screwy: :rofl:

Honey said:
Hi Stu,

glad you and the car are ok.
I never liked the Eagle F1's on my 200sx, they were terrible for tramlining and grip was lacking even in the dry compared to the Toyos we had on the car before.
I was glad when geoff put toyos back on.
Hi Sharon :wave:
yeah there's a lot of folk out there that don't get on with F1's i've spoken to. Really like Toyo's too which i had on the R32. I think it's more a case of F1's not getting on with me than me not getting on with them :D
I'm keen to try something different, Falken 452's i've heard good things about, not sure i trust them thoug as 451's are awful, Some of the Kumho's are looking good and folk are rating them highly, or i could go back to Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, which i thought were ace.
decisions decisions :)

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
I had 451's on my old R33GTR track wheels and the level of grip was no where near as good as the Toyo's. I now have the newer 452's on my ROTA GTR track wheels, which seem better, but the Toyo's still rule:boogy:

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Cardiff R33 said:
anyone used those road legal drag tyres R888's or something??
Those are track tyres Ben, not drag specific tyres. I believe that Sumo use them on their cars and they are pretty good. I priced some up for mine and they aren't cheap:)

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
I had one go like that on an Audi some years back, i was clogging on a bit and it was on a bend on the motorway , woke me up thats for sure.

it was the front right so i had to drive the next 50 miles with everyone who passed me pointing at my spacesaver:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts