Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys another daft question for you all!

after chatting to a guy today he wreckons he can map a standed ECU in my R33 gtst is this possible ?
and what will i gain?, just he just turn boost up a touch and put rev limmiter up a touch to ??

any answers guys ??

thanks!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
disconnect the battery and then go out in it after re-connection.

there you go , remap....

Not that you can change things as they are hard wired into the Firmware.

A few companies in Japan can do it, no one in the uk as far as I am aware at this point although there were people looking into it, including Ahmed Bayoo I believe.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
A firmware is something written into a ROM (normally) it can only be updated if someone can pull the firmware from the ROM and change it on there computer then overite the old one with a new updated firmware with the changes etc.

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Yes and No, these guys know their **** and if they can't do it / have the time/effort to do it I doubt any one can...

http://home.aanet.com.au/nistune/

We are not planning at this stage to work on the ECR33/34 RB25DET due to the fact you need to replace the CPU to install the board and it is a whole new project for us. I have investigated this but dont have the time currently to pursue this one. Note: You can use an R32 RB20 ECU (however no VCT control available) or Z32 VG30 ECU with minor wiring mods when plugged into a RB25 loom.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the reply guys i kinda understand a few bits and bobs out of that,

i was at the drifting at boro other night and chatting with the guy with the green r33 he said he had standed ecu mapped. i shall have a look and see what the score is....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the guy who does the drifting with bright green R33 (loads of pics of his car on drifting forum) im sure he will be on this site............... so i dunno.....

never mind only a thought have to get myself a apexi Fc then i guess

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I belive risingsunperformance can now map the 33? Its just the 34 they are waiting on I *think* could be wrong but worth a call.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re-Mapping ECU

Hi m8,

The answer is yes and no!

You cannot just re-map a standard ecu but you can either change the chip or fit a daughter board which then allows you to re-map the ECU.

Do a search on the Web for Nistune and/or Romulator. The Nistune will cost you about £200 or $400 AUD. And there is a full software programme to programme the ECU with. The Nistune comes with all the parts you need to fit the daughter board and they even offer a service to pre-load your current ECU bin file.

Allows you to fully remap and keep all the standard features it won't however let you get rid of the AFM's

The software looks good, you keep knock retard and all the other good stuff that goes into the factory ECU. Many many years of development. It is a cost effective way to get a mappable ECU, unfortunately the tuners in this country don't really offer much in way of this service. Ummm wonder why that is..££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Use your search button and read up on them.

Don't overlook the Greddy E-manage ultimate either it is a very capable EMU but I dont think they do a plug and play loom for the R34 GTT most other Skylines are catered for. The Ultimate now has a self tune feature that helps you get setup much more quickly if you have a Wideband sensor and know how to set it up.

If you are good with electronic's look into Megatune and Megasquirt as these offer the DIY enthusiast something a little different.

Kev

1 - 15 of 15 Posts