Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was out with my 2 mates that drive scoobys 1 is uk so 225 bhp the other is wrx what are they 270bhp we were out on a drive i have 325bhp 320lbs but no mater what i could not keep with them whats with that:werd: feel like i should get a scooby

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
because there gearing is so that they get off the line hellova quick but there top end is so much lower than skylines plus our cars only really come into there own after 90 mph mate.

been there on a race track i could not catch a 400 bhp evo but once i got into a straight i passed the evo no problems as it topped out around 145/150 whereas mine keprt going:)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
plus our cars are heavy so it does not help the standing start acceleration

·
11.5 @ 141 mph
349 Posts
You should try taking your handbrake off...lol
On a serious note tho, you should easily be able to keep up with them, especially from a rolling start !!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have to say it did piss me off a bit god knows what a 350bhp scooby is like
they did say thow they like looking in the mirror and seeing me sideways;):D:grinno:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i have only ever been noised up by 3-450 bhp evos and scoobys and never lost yet ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should try taking your handbrake off...lol
On a serious note tho, you should easily be able to keep up with them, especially from a rolling start !!!!
i thort that but i was on red line all gears dident happen will be going back to rsp this weekend anyway so i will put it on the dyno again see if its ok

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Maybe its down to your driver style, being to aggressive will just make you go sideways rather than straight quickly, also how the car is set up is very important.

Power is nothing without control.

T

·
0 Posts
Mate even GTR's struggle. Its all about the weight, Torque curve and as R33PER has mentioned the gearing. Skylines have longer ratio's than impreza's as they were built for circuit and touring. Gimpreza's though have rally heritage and are highly gay.

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
ive only ever raced one and that was in my old 273bhp gtst blew it away no probs "stop driving like a granny "

·
Registered
15 Posts
My partner in crime has a 330 bhp evo4 and mines around 320-340, he is always gonna be quicker in the twistys as is 200kg lighter to start with, closer gear ratios mean quicker out of the corners and obviously a rally derived 4wd system, at the end of the day the skyline is a drivers car in my opinion, the evos and scoobys of this world are 4 people with little 8--

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
what bhp you got mate i just need z23 and rsp tubby and i will be ok with 400bhp
between 3-330bhp mate as i have the stage 1 ecu :)

i also have suspension mods which does help a lot but my tactic is wait till the straights then blow them away :rofl:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
straight line hero:dogpile:
:boobies::boobies::boobies: well i do keep up with them in the corners to be able to pass them on the straights :gheyfight::gheyfight:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
yes shane yours is quick mate :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts