Skyline Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts
either fix your skyline or learn to drive or buy a scooby! LOL

As it happens i had a good run against a scooby yesterday at the pod. It was running big power on slicks, spoiler taken off etc. It had loads more grip than me off the mark even tho i launched before him.

He's 60ft was a second quicker than mine, then i got grip tho!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdQMNebpj3s

no mater what i could not keep with them whats with that:werd: feel like i should get a scooby
scoobys are the fastest cars on the planet,you will never catch one unless you are in a honda when the v-tec kicks in YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly though scoobys are ok but i didnt get along with mine,felt so light on steering on the motorway,felt very fragile too,fast yes but i was scared i was always going to break something,you just cant get away from the "planted" feeling of a skyline

I have had a go of a scooby sti with the prodrive power pack or whatever it's called, and i thought the low down grunt was superb, like a rocket up to 100mph, but started to fade off after that.

You just cannot compare the 2 cars imo, esp since you said it was only up through 1st to 3rd gear as well, the skyline is only just getting started at that point.

my mates got a saxo vtr with an induction kit and he regularly wastes scoobys and skylines.......

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I have had a go of a scooby sti with the prodrive power pack or whatever it's called, and i thought the low down grunt was superb, like a rocket up to 100mph, but started to fade off after that.

You just cannot compare the 2 cars imo, esp since you said it was only up through 1st to 3rd gear as well, the skyline is only just getting started at that point.
well guys we had a rematch tonight i played with my cas sensor :spank:i no
but i set it about 18degrees bftdc
i left them even at standing start and 5gear not flat out i was a good distance away when we pulled over he just said i take my hat off to u
get in :uy:
but i may have the cas to much advanced but will find out next weekend does go like it has 350bhp instant power were as before only picked up after 4000rpm

well guys we had a rematch tonight i played with my cas sensor :spank:i no
but i set it about 18degrees bftdc
i left them even at standing start and 5gear not flat out i was a good distance away when we pulled over he just said i take my hat off to u
get in :uy:
but i may have the cas to much advanced but will find out next weekend does go like it has 350bhp instant power were as before only picked up after 4000rpm
be careful,im advanced quite a bit but i have no det (i have a knock monitor),do yopu have any way of monitoring EGT's and knock,if not i would put the c as back and have a skyline that runs rather than one that kills scoobys once or twice then has to be towed away

Discussion starter · #48 ·
be careful,im advanced quite a bit but i have no det (i have a knock monitor),do yopu have any way of monitoring EGT's and knock,if not i would put the c as back and have a skyline that runs rather than one that kills scoobys once or twice then has to be towed away
yes mate put it back for now but i will be asking rich to try it on the dyno the way i set it as it feels really good and i did not hear any det

I do love RB5's, P1's and RA's, just like i love Evo 5 & 6's.

Still also tempted on a supra.

A Skyline amongst Imprezas is a Lion amongst Hyenas.

Regal and clearly superior.

*ahem*

I'v had 3 Imprezas before my Gtr, there great cars. Fast upto 80mph and hold the road perfectly with great power delivery.

If your on the twisties or just smaller roads, you will be hard pushed to beat one.
However on the more open sweeping roads, your car should be in a legue of its own?

I own both a Subaru WRX and a R33 GTST. As much as people complain and hate subaru's I cant part with mine I keep saying ill sell it but the acceleration from standing is brilliant although first and second gear goes in a flash. I would say up to 70-80 its quick but it tails off at 100.

The skyline is completely different the gears are long compared to the subaru but boost last longer and like said above your only starting the fun at 50+ in the skyline.

Regarding the whole blowing the engines up. If you dont care for the car and run it on the correct fuel then yes you risk the bottom end knocking but a regular service and check over and its fine.

Its funny as people see skylines as being super fast cars yes if not standard but in this day and age you get some seriously fast motors smaller engined lighter motors.

Thing is guys there are soooooooooo many types of impreza... Uk wrx. Jap wrx, Type R, Type RA, 555s, P1, Stis and more!!, some with a dccd box where you can transfer most the 4wd power to the rear wheels... All have weight differences and significant power differences....

Still prefer a skyline as im an RB man at heart.. But they are fun.. And the flat 4 grumble is an awesome sound.. Especially with our exhaust, LOL...

Maybe slightly off topic but I had a standard Scooby Turbo 2000 a few years back (UK spec unmodded) so I guess an equivalent in the skyline world would be my R33 GTST

I will admit that through the corners \ in the wet I felt more confident in the scooby but driving the GTST in such conditions actually requires me to "drive" the car and this makes for a different experience, I got rid of my scooby after 14 mths I honestly think I will keep the skyline forever.

I happily take on a scoobies \ evo's knowing that I will hit 3rd and higher otherwise I usually don't bother to save the embarrassment and smug looks

I had an 05 wrx, with PPP and sorted suspension (springs, arb, drop links, geometry). Only 260bhp but was stupid easy to drive fast, and never got touched on normal roads (A and B). Pretty boring, though; drove like a fwd (fixed torque split).

Much prefer my GTR, but it was a great car.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.