Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried all week to try get insured but with total failure,cant even get on as named driver - im 22 and can't even get a quote.

Any ideas or tips on how to get round this at all?

i currently own an astra that is fully comp and been told by many people that if i get my old man to insure the skyline under his name fully comp that i can also drive it since im fully comp on the astra (and live in same house hold) is this correct?

cheers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tried all week to try get insured but with total failure,cant even get on as named driver - im 22 and can't even get a quote.

Any ideas or tips on how to get round this at all?

i currently own an astra that is fully comp and been told by many people that if i get my old man to insure the skyline under his name fully comp that i can also drive it since im fully comp on the astra (and live in same house hold) is this correct?

cheers.
Hi,

You can drive it but your insurance will only cover you for third party, read the terms & conditions of your policy, its all there.

Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
most policys wont let you drive other cars 3rd part untill your over 25 anyway
what car is it your trying to insure ? i know someone who insured a r32 gtst at 21 through afrian flux, suppose it depends on your driving history aswell though

·
Registered
610 Posts
im 20 and i got a nice cheap quote. just about 35 quid a month.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm 23, 2 years no claims, 6 points (2 x SP30's - speeding) my insurance per year is, £1400 with Adrian Flux. Third party fire and thieft. Sucks a bit, but my own fault for being stupid in the past.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just this morning paid for insurance. Im 24 5years NCB and got the quote for 827.70 with greenlight. Thats fully comp too so I am well happy!

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
try a plan and quote your member id as soon as you call best of luck

·
Registered
919 Posts
im 22 and got insurance on mine for £830 3pTT which is mint!!! its through Aplan also got a very simlar quote of adrin flux so give them ago m8 i got restricted millage of 6k which i probs wont do..

give them ago !

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I've used Adrian Flux, and had good deals through them for high performance cars, they also cater for young drivers to. Mind you a little while ago GB (General Banter) was saying that the post office are now doing car insurance??? Also Aplan are very good also. Good luch with your search.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Wasn't me I'm afraid Maccer, I'm with A-Plan :)

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Sorry mate didn't mean to take your name in vain, someone was on about it though. Ah..... just found the post done by Allkiller.
Oh well...... LOL The other two are pretty good anyways.

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
im 20 and i got a nice cheap quote. just about 35 quid a month.

what was that on, a 850cc corsa ????

that can't be a good policy then mate, 20 years old for just over £400 - show me ....

whats the excess etc ??

cheers

Andy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
only problem is that westy has only been drivin for about 6-7 months as far as i no... haha, dont even know how long my own cousin been drivin, but yeh thats the only reason i can think of why no 1 will insure him, any 1 know any ways around this? his tried putting mum/dad on the insurane and everything, nothing works :(, any help much apprechiated. xx

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
His dad could register and insure the car as his own, name Westy as a second driver?

·
Registered
766 Posts
most policys wont let you drive other cars 3rd part untill your over 25 anyway
This is correct, however policies can come with a driving other cars extension regardless of the policy holders level of cover (ie you can be tpft and still be able to drive other cars)

As far as im aware the co-op are the only insurers that provide the driving other cars extension foc for under 25s. However if you request it, lots of insurers can provide it, but expect to pay a premium for the privilege.

Insurance is calculated on many different factors. I have a better record and am older than someother of the other 'young' skyline owners on here yet i pay more because i street park on a busy road.

You can try several things to lower your premium/better your chances of getting insurance.Such as:

Is it possible to garage the car over night?
Limited mileage policy?
Have your mother as a named driver?
Fit a better security system/tracker.

And if none of that helps and you are still determined to get insurance then do an advanced driving course, they are not that expensive, are relatively informal sessions and are recognised by all major insurers (ive been meaning to do it myself for years but that next mod always sidetracks me).

·
Registered
733 Posts
As a last resort it's a case of buying a Jap car magazine turn to the back and ring all the advertisers! Pain in the arse, but if it's the only way to find insurance.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts