Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....this. Never seen one until today on this website I was looking at earlier but I can't quite make my mind up whether or not I like it. Anyone else thoughts please?

E

·
0 Posts
I bet the R31 wouldn`t even get recognised as a Skyline by those not in the know. I actually like them & i bet they`re pretty cheap to buy but parts & servicing would be a nightmare.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it. I can't really make my mind up. I think it looks a little too much like a Proton and not sure I would like it enough to go through all the agony and time of trying to get it serviced and buying parts when it went wrong. If I had seen one on the road before I saw these pics would never have recognised it. Apart from obviously seing Nissan, Skyline and the afterburner lights I probably would have put two and two together. lol

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bet. Can't have been many made I wouldn't have thought. Wouldn't think they come up for sale very often either but that is of course just a guess.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
think we met the bloke in the grasshopper he was on his bike, said he possible will be at the pod!

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so the R31 is gunna be there and I won't see it because I can't afford to go? Why isn't there a crying smilie on here?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Scrape the barrel and venture down anyway.. Gotta be worth the outlay.. I'm only going cos I'm taking Isaac and he's paying for the petrol (he doesn't know yet)...

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isaac and he's paying for the petrol (he doesn't know yet)...
I wish I could clairol. Unfortunately not only can we not afford it we are driving up and down the M1 that day moving our stuff from Sutton in Surrey to Doncaster in South Yorkshire.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup big styleeeeeee.

E

·
0 Posts
R32GTR said:
I wish I could clairol. Unfortunately not only can we not afford it we are driving up and down the M1 that day moving our stuff from Sutton in Surrey to Doncaster in South Yorkshire.

You`ll be going right past then. Be a shame to miss such a golden opportunity. She`s into cars right? Take a detour :cool:

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfortunately it's my dad driving the van. They won't rent a van to me as I'm not even 21 yet. Made them laugh though when I pulled up in the Skyline and they wouldn't rent me a transit. hehe. Anyway as I was saying my dad will be drivin and although he was once into cars he's now 62 and not into drag racing or anything like that anymore so he wouldn't fancy the detour. It is a shame though. Leanne and I would love to go.

E

·
0 Posts
Plan B. Get Leanne to follow you down in her car with the excuse "just incase we need some more room. We dont wanna make 2 trips do we" Do all your loading,get back on the road home but tell dad that Leanne wants to pop & see a friend on the way home that she hasn`t seen for ages & youll meet dad back home & unload the van in the morning.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
tonysmiff said:
think we met the bloke in the grasshopper he was on his bike, said he possible will be at the pod!
Maybe my memory is going, but didn't that guy we met at the hopper say he had R30's (yes that is meant to be plural)?

Anyway, have to say I like the R31's. There was defo a guy on the 'other' forum who posted up about hvaing on of these in the UK. Vely nice indeed, in a boxy 80's car kind of fashion. :cool:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts