Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car alarms.. What is the point in them today?! Obnoxious noisy sounding things.. If i stood in a street at 3am with a bugle and tooted on it frequently every ten mins id be arrested or visited by police im sure.

I DON'T CARE YOUR ALARM IS GOING OFF! JUST LIKE YOU DON'T CARE IF MINE WAS!

they need hooking up to the owners mobile phone now. Phone stays silent but alarm goes off on YOUR phone if its tampered... That way YOU can fricking well do something about it instead of psissing everyone off in earshot over and over every time a gust of wind sets the fricking thing off!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
My alarm comes running out my front door with a bat in hand ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
And it ain't a bat in your hand either :dogpile:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Car alarms.. What is the point in them today?! Obnoxious noisy sounding things.. If i stood in a street at 3am with a bugle and tooted on it frequently every ten mins id be arrested or visited by police im sure.

I DON'T CARE YOUR ALARM IS GOING OFF! JUST LIKE YOU DON'T CARE IF MINE WAS!

they need hooking up to the owners mobile phone now. Phone stays silent but alarm goes off on YOUR phone if its tampered... That way YOU can fricking well do something about it instead of psissing everyone off in earshot over and over every time a gust of wind sets the fricking thing off!
they actually do have alarms that connect to your phone via their app, although it costs a monthly/yearly fee, and i agree, whenever you hear an alarm you just think "man i wish that guy would shut his alarm off" not "oh no a car is being stolen or broken into!"

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
STROBE

they actually do have alarms that connect to your phone via their app, although it costs a monthly/yearly fee, and i agree, whenever you hear an alarm you just think "man i wish that guy would shut his alarm off" not "oh no a car is being stolen or broken into!"
When I sort my alarm out I will be adding a strobe kit underneath the car too so it'll be noisy "AND" bright,,, No easy drive off then !? :dogpile: - Martin

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Mine has never randomly gone off for no reason but it's loud enough to make anyone in a half mile radius look out of their windows.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
I installed my alarm over 2 half days , and 1 day of playing with the settings and its been aok ever since :D . No false activation's so I'm happy, It's got a 2 stage shock sensor , a tilt sensor , and a proximity sensor , And now I've rewired it so all the cables are black :D

·
Old Git Having Fun....
385 Posts
Agree with the mobile phone alert. Mind you.. the crims are getting creative - neighbours work van was very noisy Monday when he started it - he opened the bonnet to see what the racket was and found that his entire exhaust system, from the manifold, had been nicked. BiB came round and said that its common atm as they sell the cat for the precious metals!

Silent altert followed by an armed response: it's the only answer !

·
warwickshire Area Rep
189 Posts
Agree with the mobile phone alert. Mind you.. the crims are getting creative - neighbours work van was very noisy Monday when he started it - he opened the bonnet to see what the racket was and found that his entire exhaust system, from the manifold, had been nicked. BiB came round and said that its common atm as they sell the cat for the precious metals!

Silent altert followed by an armed response: it's the only answer !
Moral of that story, de-cat all cars :)

As for the alarms, I ignore them all except mine :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts