Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting you know, spent a long time trying to find a crowd in the south with the same equipment as Wheels-in-Motion in the UK, where i first got the 32 tracked.

Finally found O'Sullivans Tyres in Mallow, 02250394. They use the proper alignment equipment, no mirrors or lasers involved:funny: Full drift set up, whatever angles you want. Cost me €50, the crowd in england cost £70. Highly recommend them, they've done a few rally cars and drift cars. Good craic too:bigthumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Need this badly but its a long way to travel, did it myself and its act pretty good, good enuf to pass NCT anyway, but would feel more comfortable with a pro set up

·
Stagea RS4 Owner
221 Posts
There's also a place in Tougher's ind est in Newbridge called auto-fix performance that has the equipment to do it too and they also do corner balancing too :bigthumb:

·
1,540 Posts
There's also a place in Tougher's ind est in Newbridge called auto-fix performance that has the equipment to do it too and they also do corner balancing too :bigthumb:
Agree with Tony, these guys are veeery Good, and are very nice chaps to deal with.
John Stone (JStoneRacing) in Kilkenny does an excellent job of setting up cars too. His work is known to be top claas;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Places with 4 wheel lazer alignment can go with what ever angles you want. Well some do
Yes but these are normally not the most accurate and the calibration may not be done as it should. Just leeting the southern crowd know thats all:bigthumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agree with Tony, these guys are veeery Good, and are very nice chaps to deal with.
John Stone (JStoneRacing) in Kilkenny does an excellent job of setting up cars too. His work is known to be top claas;)
you've seen my car and how low it is, will this guy be able to do it??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Any well calibrated 4 wheel alignment machine can do all the required adjustments, Its finding an operator who knows how to work it all thats the problem.

Advance pitstop in Dundalk use a john bean camera alignment machine on a ramp thats only 5 inches high so any car can get on it.
Thats the machine that I use although the lads leave me to do it myself as they don't know how to use it properly!:eek7:

·
1,540 Posts
you've seen my car and how low it is, will this guy be able to do it??
I'd say so alright, yeah.
Nissan doc did a good job on Smores car after it was like a bouncing castle:D
Youve a few good guys up in dublin area who would be able to do a good job.
If your going over to Robbie to get a map and whatever else, i'd say hed be able to do the job too:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any well calibrated 4 wheel alignment machine can do all the required adjustments, Its finding an operator who knows how to work it all thats the problem.
Exactly! Getting that dumb look when they see adjustable arms was starting to wear thin. Seeing places dropping the equipment and not giving a **** about it doesnt inspire confidence either.

Cefiro, ive heard TDP are doing alignment now, best give Robbie a ring. Hed do a proper job of it and take care of the car. Or just give it to the NissanDoc:naughty:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Rally and track teams don't spend hundreds of thousands on corner balancing and alignment equipment because laser alignment would do. Laser alignment will only work 100% properly if the car is drove up on the lift exactly straight to the mm, which it never is. If you want it done properly for the track, go to the pro's, if you only need it for the road, laser alignment will do.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hundreds of thousands?

why does it matter how it's drivin onto the lift if the lasers are all attached to the wheels and the car is let back down on sliding plates so they can move freely in any direction?

maybe there's another type of lazer alignment i haven't seen, i'm not doubting you just intereasted to know

·
Registered
211 Posts
Corner weighting has nothing to do with alignment, its is about setting the coilovers to give optimal left to right and front to rear weight distribution.

As said above the position of the car on the ramp does not effect the set up as the gauges are attached to the wheels not the ramp.
Th accuracy of a machine, laser or otherwise, depends more on the quality of the machine and the knowalage of the operator then wether or not its a camera/infered/laser type.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts