Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't friggin believe it! Some lunatic has stolen the cover off my car!

It probably will not fit any other car, as it was a custom fit, and my car has a pretty unusual spoiler, but what the hella?

I was about to declare the car SORN, and leave it covered for winter. The main snag is the cover didn't have one of those steel straps which would make it harder to steal.

The only thing people seem to steal in this area are car or bike covers, and flowerpots! I think it really is time to step up my efforts to sell the car.

Pretty pissed off about this - another £150 down the drain, and I'll have to renew my road tax or find somewhere secure / off the road to store it.

Arrgghhhhhh!

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
nothing is sacred anymore just makes you not want to stay in this country anymore

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
thats real bad....I have a cover for mine but cant use it with the graphics as it trys to peel em off in the wind lol.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm keeping my car outside for winter, but hopefully covered.

I've just spoken to Classic Additions and purchased a new cover. They offer a steel cable and padlock option to secure the cover, making it harder for to steal.

I should have asked about this when we bought these last year, it would have cost an extra £10.

Y

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
thieving sods ... and to think i was just checking out a group buy on custom car covers yesterday, i won't bother now

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would get one, just make sure you get one with a steel cable to tie it underneath the car. It would have to be ripped or cut off, to steal it, which more or less renders it useless - can't be resold, so hopefully has no value.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
:disappointed:

Little so and so's.... Could you not ask someone that lives near to rent there garage?? My grandad did this... Only cost him a fiver a week... :)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
what you keep your grandad in the garage?????????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts