Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right I am looking to buy a car cover, and yes I know there was a group buy before but I can't find a single thread on it now?! was it removed for some reason?
Anyway does anyone have a comment on the one they bought?
Does anyone still have the address/ website of where they were ordered? and finally does anyone else want one and maybe get another group buy together as winter is once again heading our way.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yeh im interested...
moved to a new place specifically because it had a garage... but the cars too long for it!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
yep im interested to!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Im after one too......... To put on when the cars in the garage.. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok well I am looking for an outdoor waterproof breathable one... so far i have come up with this
http://www.cover-zone.co.uk/stormforce_car_covers.htm
They come in at £161 delivered before any haggling... (I must point out I am not a full paid up SOC member at the moment so don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be here so not sure how to go about the haggling) but I will want to order pretty dam soon... suggested closing time of this would be good, what about Saturday the 21st to decide on a supplier and get prices and start ordering??

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah there is or at least was a membership thing with stickers and special discounts, I will give Bruce a bell later i guess... anyway...
any other suggestions for manufactures welcome but lets get the ball rolling with the names on here

I'll start...
1) Catsplums (Neil)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have just had mine stolen.

I would recommend checking to see whether these can be supplied with a steel cable which fits underneath the car, they are usually secured by padlock. This will deter people from stealing the cover off your car. It is usually an option, which shouldn't cost more than an extra £10.

Y

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG
stolen!! what tight little scum sucking *******
well the one I am looking at has the eyelets for the security kit and the cable as an option. I am now going to be in Egypt for a bit working but as no one has actually put their name in line I might just order mine.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
1)catsplums
2)rich B
3)jojop
4)R33STU
5)FOZ
6)JOHNATHAN
7)GTSTYPEM
8)RANK
9)STEF/2FOR ME

WILL THIS DO FOR STARTERS THEN PRICE AND ENDING DATE PLEASE

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool ok I will call tomorrow and try and get a price for 10... any comments on the one I want to go for??
any suggestions to another brand anyone would prefer?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am having another one made, and could get a group price close to £145 / £150 from my supplier. These will be custom made, and will have steel eyelets for the a cable / padlock.

Y

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right here we go, got this back today, a bit of a discount, better than nothing and I will be ordering soon... does anyone want me to do anything else regarding this??? (I guess this discount applies to any pettern just say you are from here)

Seems the best compromise of price and function...

hope i have been of some help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We can sell you a Stormforce cover for a Skyline for 139.50 + 8.95 for the
Shipping instead of our RRP of 161.95.

When ordering, please advise that you/they are members of the skyline club
and we can discount accordingly.

We have over 150 patterns in stock and can quote you for different models if
necessary.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts