Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys need some input ive finished an rb conversion in an s14, ive used an r32 gtr clutch with rb25 release bearing, the gearbox will select gears easily when car is switched off,

but when car is running it wont go into any gear, the clutch is pressed but its not lettin me select any gear.

when i put it into first while engine is off and press clutch to start the car, the car tries to jump forward even with the clutch pressed like the clutch is not pressed at all

i have my brother press the clutch while i take a look underneath the car and the slave cylinder does push the fork, but it only pushes it like half way, how far is a slave cylinder meant to move the fork?

also while the clutch is held down and the slave is open i pulled the rubber boot back and noticed the piston is not all the way out, is this a sign of a slave cylinder not workng fully?

the slave cylinder has been sat around for a while mind you and i have bled the clutch and ive got a straight pipe going from cylinder to slave so only needed to bleed it from two points.

lastly i decided to remove the slave cylinder to further inspect it and now it wont line back up on the car, i can manage to get one of the two bolts on but the second one will not line up, is this normal? its almost like the fork is too close or the push rod on the slave cylinder is too lng but 2-4 mm.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bled it to a point were there was no more bubbles, the biggest help would be if some one can confirm for me how much does the fork gets pushed back when clutch is pressed so i can compare my slave cylinder

·
Registered
366 Posts
lining the slave up shouldn't be an issue. You just need to push it against the fork, this pushes the piston in meaning you can put the bolts in.

I just put my box back in and I'm pretty sure (though this isn't something I tend to look at) the fork moves the whole distance of the opening in the bellhousing

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Also when bleeding the system make sure you get someone to force the clutch fork against the slave cylinder rod to make sure all the air is out of the slave cylinder. Not sure if you've done this or not but I had this problem on my evo and it turned out to be air in the slave cylinder. The bleed nipple will only bleed the line, it doesn't seem to be any good at removing air from the cylinder unless you force the rod in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fantastic my slave cylinder only pushes the fork half way and i can see that the piston hasnt even gone past the half way point when i remove the rubber cover to have a peak, im going to be ordering a new slave cylinder before removing the gearbox apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts