Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING CARS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i'm having trouble starting my car.

i went out was driving spot on.i parked up came back in a couple of hours got in turned the key the car turns over but not firing?

things ive checked.

fuel:its getting petrol.
spark:it's getting spark
fueses:checked them all from what i can see all ok

tried bumping it still no go.

not sure if it's an alarm thing.when i put the alarm on i get 5 beeps not 1 like normal. ive been told that the senser thinks the bonnets open.it's done that for ages but still worked.

tried shouting at it... that didn't work.so i'm not sure what to look for next without spending money on parts that are not needed

any advice would be wicked thanks :)

·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it has a toad ai 606 alarm fitted.if i knew how to turn it off all together then at least i would know it's not the alarm playing silly buggers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had something similar before on a 300zx, turned out a wire had came loose at the fuel pump ecu.

Alarm would be another thing to think off.

Other cause could be bad earths or one of a load of electrical gremlins, cars used to be much easier :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you checked the cam angle sensor is connected? With this unplugged or bad connection wont let the car start, though it will crank over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the cam angle sensor is connected? With this unplugged or bad connection wont let the car start, though it will crank over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes I've checked that too.going to check ecu and try to disconnect the alarm.

·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the car started.As the car's battery has been off for over a month would it need to be retuned?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Wouldn't need to be remapped even if it had an aftermarket ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts