Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I thought i'd post the work thats going into my R33 GTST. After a small end bearing went i decided it was time to go for a forged lump and a new respray. The car is currently in the body shop getting stripped down. Here are a few pics

The engine is being built by the guys at Rising Sun performance. I thought it was about time it got a forged bottom end so i can safely push the power up (next year sometime) to around the 550 mark. I think i'm going to leave it at 400hp for a while longer first though

A lot more pics to come!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All prep finished yesterday, the car has now had its blue primer coats, base coat layers, pearl coat and its lacquer. Still needs polishing which will probably be completed after the engine is all in. Now just need the doors, boot, engine covers, mirrors, front grill, body kit to be sprayed and re-attached.

You don't get many fully lacquered engine bays......

Unfortunately these shots were quite dull, the pearl effect is fantastic with the sun shining!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cheers:, me too!!

its BN6 (marine blue), I'm well happy with the finish. Can't wait to get everything else finished and start driving her again

·
Registered
291 Posts
how much is that setting you back or are you doing it yourself (i'm assuming the later what with it sitting in a driveway and not a paint booth?)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its at a friend of mine's who runs a body shop. It had just been baked and then rolled out the way to make some space. He's doing the work for me, not going to say how much.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lookin sweet, cant wait to see the end result.

BN6 is the BEST colour for a skyline, i am slightly biased tho :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car is progressing nicely. The glass is all back in, doors have been attached, and all the tricky little bits like locks and handles are going on. a few more pics:

With the engine going in next week (hopefully) it shouldn't be too long before its on the road.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All back from Rising Sun, so here's a pic of the engine.

The body shop now have the car back to finish polishing the car, and sorting some other little bits out.

Should have it back today or tomorrow

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got her back today, shame its raining :mad:, hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow!!

Some pics

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Very nice fella, Looks damn fine :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Minor update, just fitted the GTR front and rear seats.

Now i've hit the magic 600 mile plus marker should be interesting to see what she hits on the dino this friday at RSP.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts