Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
skint but smiling
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says I have an issue with my r33 gtst stalling when the car is cold even on idle .The car starts up and runs for a few minutes then dies give it 10 seconds or so and she starts up done this about 3 times today then was fine after that . Done a search on here found bit of info on cold start and coolant sensor . The car doesn't get used often so was also going to add some fuel supplements to see if that helps

Any ideas ?

Cheers

goldenwheels

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
could well be the idle air valve,mine is playing up again so it needs a clean and my car overfuels like a lot of stage1 cars still on the nissan map

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Clean your ICV/AAC valve with carb cleaner. It's at the back of the intake plenum near the bulkhead. It has a pipe about 1" in diameter going into it and 2 plugs. If you wreck the gasket taking it off then make up a new one out of some gasket paper will do the job.

·
skint but smiling
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well finally had decent weather so had a go at sorting this problem out . removed the 2 valves and gave them a good clean and put it all back together , but no joy still cuts out when cold . it doesn't run lumpy or idle funny it just cuts dead . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
ooo i started getting this problem too... wasn't too often when standard but now i have nearly got it stage 1 its cuts out terrible... im guessin the lack of back pressure from the exhaust and the fact it will be over fueling on its standard map will be the problem.

·
skint but smiling
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not a standard ecu though got a blitz access ecu in her . would an afm or fuel pump cause this or would it not be temperature dependent ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts