Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to bring her back to show standard. the paint job on the car was a seriously expensive one, but a year of standing on a drive under some wildlife hasnt helped it :(

·
Seasoned Member
465 Posts
If it was me, I'd give it a blast with a pressure washer first to get rid of anything loose, then a soak with snowfoam for 5 mins or so, then another blast with the pressure washer before a hand wash with decent shampoo, a grit guard & a wash mitt :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
You're basically looking at a full detail

I'd get a good snow foam and leave it for a lot longer than 5 mins...

I leave mine dwelling while I sort out everything else (full up buckets, get cleaning stuff together etc) basically pressure wash and foam, then get everything ready, 15 mins at least if there's a lot of crud on the car, but if you're concerned, just leave it on til it starts to disappear then pressure wash off

After that I'd go over the whole car with a good clay bar and lubricant

Then onto a good deep cut/polish (if the paint isn't too badly damaged a polish without cutting deep should be fine)

Then a wax / seal or both to finish

A machine polisher will help a lot...

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Looks like I may have to find a mate with a hosepipe :/

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Just as above Adam....pressure wash , snow foam soak for at least 10-15mins then pressure washer blast off , wash down with a mitt and bucket of good car shampoo then clay bar it all , panel wipe helps too ,then A good polish with machine and wax to seal ...

Take it up here ill do it ....bit far thou :D

·
4,159 Posts
Yes hose can do a job if washing with a mitt etc, but need it for snow foam to lossen the dirt ,if car is well caked in crap powerwasher is so handy...

Pressure washer of mine ain't that powerful and never had a problem blasting the dirt too hard thou..

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as above Adam....pressure wash , snow foam soak for at least 10-15mins then pressure washer blast off , wash down with a mitt and bucket of good car shampoo then clay bar it all , panel wipe helps too ,then A good polish with machine and wax to seal ...

Take it up here ill do it ....bit far thou :D
it is a bit of a drive like lol. A good one tho!

I'll have to get a clay bar i think. And some foam :(

·
4,159 Posts
Magifoam from autobrite and look at the cheap 3m clay bars on eBay a few quid each and there are well tried and tested from the detailing world lot...

Yeah would be a long drive lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Okie dokie

You want to presoak all the crap thats on there so it will try and fall off by its own accord or by a little pressure

Soak the car in a pre wash cleanser - this will start to lift items like animal crap off the car, moss etc, then if you have access to snow foam this also ( you can buy a pressure bottle and put snow foam in this ie valetpro snow foam as this works well from hand held) leave to soak for 10-15mins, rinse this off on a strong jet/power washer.

All being well this will lift the vast majority of crud off the car - leaving you to remove the rest of the crap by washing it (ideally 2BM and a decent mitt).

You can now inspect your paint work and decide whether you need to clay or polish the paintwork :)

If you were closer your more then welcome to come to mine and ill lend you a hand and can sort your mouldy seats too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts