Skyline Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been down to the local post office this morning to Tax the skyline for a further 12 months. I was to say the least shocked when the cashier asked for £300 of my hard earned cash for a years car tax. In the end I paid 6months at £165.

I cant believe how much it is, only 6 months ago I paid 98.50 for 6 months.

Has anyone else experienced this problem

Cheers

Chris

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldnt believe it!! I even took the old tax disc in to show them but there attitude was if you want tax then you are going to have to pay the £165.

I hate this Country!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can you not look up on the DVLA to see what you should be paying?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just looked it up, you've been done its £99 for six months and £180 for a year I just checked using the registration for a L reg GTS-T

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just read the other thread, didn't realise it would affect it if the car was an import and UK registered after March 06 would still fight it tho

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
i only paid £99 two months ago , you have been stuffed

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no idea when my car was registered, I will check the log book.

I have recently sent the logbook away because I have moved address, will that make a difference?

Chris

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I think i will have the same problem when it comes to paying the tax on mine, as it was only registered last month :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
I only went to dvla office yesterday to register my new import. I's a r33 gts-t and they charged me £99 for six months! Shouldn't make a differnce when ur car was registered on the log book. they go by the approx year of manufacture.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
sounds about right (in terms of the new law and that theyve charged you correctly, rather than being fair or justified i mean). was the car first registered after 1st march 01?

theyre charging you double because a) now you will go out and buy a citroen CV right? if not then b) the money theyve just robbed from you will be invested in environmental schemes to save the planet right??
or c) theyll just add it to all the other billions they steal from motorists and in return provide us with diddly-squat..

my moneys on c)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.