Skyline Owners Forum banner

car transporters ?

547 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  n0mad 
#1 ·
Hi ya'll

not having driven a powerful car before i dont wanna drive my new skyline 400 miles back home. anyone know of a decent car transporter and the kind of prices they would charge.

or am i being over cautious.

also would it be stupid to buy a car from a member without travelling 400 miles to see it , i would get a rac check.

go easy on me please.

thanks ya'll

#2 ·
Hi mate welcome :D

If you are buying the car from here then it is probably well looked after and you havent got to worry about being sold a lemon.

BUT you are buying a car, ALWAYS go and look at a car if your going to buy it no matter what, cars look completely different in pics to real life, you cant see scratches,dents etc as well as up close. Plus wont you want to test drive it to make sure it drives ok for you.

Im sure the buyer wouldnt mind you getting RAC to check it out if there are no problems with the car

And drive it home!!!!!!! 400miles will give you plenty of time to get used to it, just dont put your foot down and you will be ok keep it under 2500-3000rpm and its like driving a normal car, anything after that and its sucked in the seat time hehe!

Good luck with the purchase mate!

#4 ·
Your being over cautious mate.

I drove mine over 120 miles upon collection and it was nothing but exhilarating knowing i now owned my dream car. I came from a scoob though so wasnt a huge hike in power for me - just the fear of rear wheel drive.

All i would suggest is dont apply the loud pedal too quickly in the lower gears and if its your first time in the rain with a RWD big power car dont apply the loud pedal at all lol ( or at least until your in 5th! )

They're friendly though if you treat it right!

Just drive and enjoy!

#7 ·
JUST DRIVE IT!!!!!!!! Drove mine back from Newcastle when i bought it. Just respect it in the lower gears you'll be fine. You'll need all the spare cash for modifications/petrol:D

Went from V6 omega to this, gained 100bhp intantly............muchas funas:drivin: :D

#8 ·
I'd rive it :D I went from 140bhp N/A (was rear wheel drive though so had a little inkly of what to expect from driving that in the wet) to I'm guessing 280BHP.

Double the power I did a few miles and got comfy with it then floored it, All that happened was me and mate starting laughing and I couldn't wipe the smile of my face :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.