Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the cars back in the workshop and looking rather high in the corner with no engine in it.

The new fuel pump has been fitted and the Oil cooler removed and cleaned out about 8 times to make sure no metal had been left in there. The turbos have been returned from being re-built as there was a chance they got a dose of bearing swarf flowing through them !! I`v removed the ECU, Fcon, Boost controler awaiting my new power FC!!! And thats about all I can do on the car for now. As for the engine !!! Well its half way there but I`m awaiting my head to be returened from the machine shop and my sump from the Alloy welders. The annoying thing is I left everything else until quite late and these 2 things were the first things to be sorted and there not done :( I`m not happy as I was hoping to have the engine in the car today and running next weekend once the ECU arrives !!

Heres a pic of the engine so far

I`m off to work to do some more cleaning and polishing of parts. Hopfully the rest will be done soon.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even more progress today !!

Well The head arrived on friday and I thought it was time to bolt her on and build the rest of the engine up.... All done and ready to drop into the car !!!

Busy day tommorow. Shame I will not be able to fire her up as I`m still awaiting the ECU but should be here in the week.:D

·
Professional job seeker
78 Posts
Hi mate,

It looks amazing. These updates on the progress of your car keep my enthusiasm for job searching up. Will you be able to make that deadline?

·
Registered
12 Posts
what can one say

if it goes any thing like it looks beem me up ,are you going to grasshopper on sat would be nice to see it in the flesh

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wehay she`s alive

Well after a fair amount of time priming the engine up and a few other bits it burst into life :D It was only running on 4 cylinders to start with but soon cleared itself and is now running really well.

Gotta put the bumper back on and a few interior parts and its ready to go ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
rich she looks lovely

and well done. patience truly is a vitrue and it seems like ages since she has been hurtling down the A3...cough cough!

is that a cheeky little on board fuell pressure regulator there? also a large trust sump kit as well. cool.

did you go for 2.7, 2.8 or stay with 2.6 in the end??
defo worthwhile getting the tubs refurbed as you never know...
so what sort of boost and what chuff?
got to be good for 600 ponies minimum with that spec??

see you around, nick

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Hey you must be the guy who i met on sunday (me > spikey haired guy), wicked looking car mate!

Hope to meet up with you and some other owners in the area now i know you all exist

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
heh thanks, should have met me when i had my neck pierced......

you guys mentioned a few meetings about this area, when and where?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that was me taking it nice and easy as I`m running the car in :)

Next time theres a meet your more than welcome to follow myself up if I`m going as you only around the corner !!

take it easy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts