Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need some help....

On friday my car started and then stalled then ran ok but did notice i didnt have a as much power.....then stopped in it, came back to it it ran ok again then left it for an hour then started it then it stalled again then had to keep rev's over 2,000 otherwise it would stall......then i drove it 200 yards then it started spluttering and had no throttle responce at all then it finally stalled again and now wont start at all.

Have change the fuel filter and then took the fuel pipe that come out the top of the filter off and turned it over and nothing came out of it at all.....

Ive been told to look at the Fuel relay or the fuel pump.....does anyone know where the relay and pump is???

Any ideas on how to find out what it is and where to look???

thanks
Becky xxx

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you swith the ignition on can you hear the fuel pump "prime"?
I havent heard it but someone that looked at it said they could!!!!

Will check that fuse as well xxx

·
Registered
760 Posts
The fuel pump relay will be under the bonnet in the black box, the fuel pump is in the fuel tank! If you have taken the fuel hose of an nothing is coming out then the pump is not working as it would poor out as soon as you turned the ignition on! The pumps do muck up! If you have fuel at the engine, clean the wire in afm with brake cleaner or something, this happend on my car an it would not move, started though, throttle did nothing, cleaned the afm an it was fine, also cleaned out the air filter!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also had a very similar fault to this and after trying lots of different things I fitted new air flow meters and all has been fine since. :D

·
big ginger one
1,744 Posts
same thing happened to me on sunday getting a new pump in the morning then going to try that

the old pump seemed fine but when we bench tested it it didnt make a sound if this works i will let you know

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Flippin fuses mate thats the first thing I woudl check, my 12 v inginition supply (from my old boost controller made contact, when I was fiddling around wiring the boost gauage in) while I was parked up and idling. Engine chugged to a halt, two fuses blown....

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fuel pump relay will be under the bonnet in the black box, the fuel pump is in the fuel tank! If you have taken the fuel hose of an nothing is coming out then the pump is not working as it would poor out as soon as you turned the ignition on! The pumps do muck up! If you have fuel at the engine, clean the wire in afm with brake cleaner or something, this happend on my car an it would not move, started though, throttle did nothing, cleaned the afm an it was fine, also cleaned out the air filter!

Can anyone tell me exactly where the fuel relay is coz i can seam to find it.

There is a black box but it says like headlights and horn nothing to do with fuel!!!

What does it look like? is it blue or brown is it a big square thing??? am i right to say its not a little fuse like normall???

Can anyone get my a diagram? xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts