Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i`hav`nt had anything better to do this weekend i thought i would try and finish one of the carbon parts i have on the go at the moment.

This is how it has turned out after almost a whole day of sanding plus polishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
nice work doa.... i just posted up on the other thread another couple of bits i am working on...

I did look at doing my arm rest...another one to add to the list now..

P.s. did you just resin straight onto the cover/leather type material and then layup the carbon??? or did you make fibreglass mould or anything????

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
looking really good once again d.o.a.
you really dont need to sell your leather seats etc ...start selling some carbon bits and pieces instead wont take long to make the money doing this ...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks cool D.O.A. when are you taking orders...

Thanks mate, I`m not taking any orders as yet intill i can get some traders status sorted out ,but it might be a while intill i can do so ( as some already know i`ve got a few cash problems going on at the moment ). I`m sure things will get better and as soon as they do i will be sorting things out with BC.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Can you PM me on how you did this and what kit you used as I have a spare one lying about and would like to give it a go..... thanks

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looking really good once again d.o.a.
you really dont need to sell your leather seats etc ...start selling some carbon bits and pieces instead wont take long to make the money doing this ...

Thanks mate, I would love to be able to do a few carbon bits instead of letting my seats go but with out sorting things out with BC in the correct manor i would feel that i would be taking the p*ss to be honest. I`ve thought about selling the whole car but i can`t bring myself to do it as yet.

I`m afraid its just a sign of how bad things are in this country at the moment and its effecting everyone .

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you PM me on how you did this and what kit you used as I have a spare one lying about and would like to give it a go..... thanks
Hi mate,

I will put some details together for you tomorrow when i get back from work and send you a pm. Is not that hard to do but it does take a bit of time to get right .

Oh and it makes your fingers hert from all the sanding lol.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :)

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
usual doa quality job.keep up the good workmate

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
ooo i want one even more now :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice work doa.... i just posted up on the other thread another couple of bits i am working on...

I did look at doing my arm rest...another one to add to the list now..

P.s. did you just resin straight onto the cover/leather type material and then layup the carbon??? or did you make fibreglass mould or anything????
Thanks mate,

I`ve been looking at your thread . It look as if you have a lot on the go at the moment.

I had to split the two halfs that make up the arm rest and remove the covering. Once the top half of the shell is covered in carbon plus half a ton of resin it ends up exactly the same size as the original.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts