Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got my carbon boot yesturday has anyone fitted one of these them self for a r34 gtt? if so how easy is it to do the lock and brake light on them?? cheers

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
did one on my last GTT its not too hard just make sure you remember how it all comes apart

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Make sure that you dont damage the rubber seal surrounding the rear light. Mine was glued. Quite easy to do when yanking it out.
Secondly check the underside of your boot. I had to drill a hole into the underside of the boot for the hydraulic strut (the one that holds the boot open) in order to fit it as there were no stock holes there. Be very careful here as if you apply too much pressure when drilling you can go straight through the plastic sub frame into the carbon... El disastro.

One strut is enough to hold the boot open by itself due to the weight reduction. I just removed the other one. If you attach the other one as well you may well have your boot flying open when you release the latch for it.

Lastly you will need to measure accurately for your rear wing as you want it dead straight and equally positioned left to right when you attach it to your new boot. The easiest thing is to remove the wing element from the stands, attach the stands and then re-fit the wing back on them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies and tips guys bit worried im gonna mess it up now dont wanna drill through the carbon lol any one fancy fitting it for me, for a few beers? lol :guiness: :guiness:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts