Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ok Penelope!
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning, checked my post, opened the letter and what do i find???

Notice of Intended Prosecution (b*stards)

87mph in a 70mph...could have been a lot worse!!

Not sure if i have to go to court or not (can anyone shed any light??)

I was caught by a mobile camera, just to warn you all if your on the M4 near the Seven Bridge Tolls. Last time i'm going to bloody Wales!

Matt

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You have to incriminate yourself or others by sending back the form saying who was driving the car at the time.
You then (if you was the driver) get the option via another nice letter to pay the stealth tax and take the points like a good citizen or plead your case and pay even bigger fine cos you are guilty before you step in the court.

If of course you owned the car illegally or had not registered it properly to avoid tax and insurance then you would not get caught by the system, only honest legal road users pay these fines

·
Ok Penelope!
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
being a good boy, i think i'll just hold my hand up this time, don't want to get any more than 3 points, so i'll play it safe. (that's if i get 3 points, haven't a clue, as i've been a jammy git b4 now!)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
3 points and £60. Wonder if there was any other major crimes going on in Wales at the time ?:mad:

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
matt-gtst said:
being a good boy, i think i'll just hold my hand up this time, don't want to get any more than 3 points, so i'll play it safe. (that's if i get 3 points, haven't a clue, as i've been a jammy git b4 now!)
Good man, just the way I was. Send it back right away and hope you never hear anything again like me. They have 6months to prosecute from when you receive the NIP and I think sending it back quickly catches them out a bit ;)

Everyone I know that arsed them around etc. got done in the end.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
my brother got one of them through the post and ignored it. He never heard anything again. Thats was 18 months ago.

Check the date of the offence aswell as a girl here just got one the other day from October !!! They gotta get it in to the post within 14days of the offence

Moff

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
Yes, but they can prosecute for not replying.

To go with Buster's line, you need to reply and refuse to comply.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
hey Ilive in wales and have a bit of experience (Not that I speed) I had one last summer, ignored first letter never wrote back for 3 months, then dragged it out bit, i.e. dont sign NIP or put driver number in, then signed it and returned,they send final letter sugeesting I send back with cheque and license. I never did that was 2 months ago and now its over 6 months ! Assume thats it for me:D :D Try it .

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I got done at the same point...they hide the camera in the bridge sometimes at Magor services....the van is hidden in bushes to the side....I argued a later prosecution and ended up in court...was lucky to keep my licence but had another 4 pts to my already 6pts..so am on borrowed time....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Having been harrased by the Welsh police on three different occasions and finding a way around the issues with no points or fines, 105mph, 89mph and driving a certain vehicle illegally in the outside lane at an excessive speed, if anyone would like some info on these they can PM me but for obvious reasons I dont want to put it on a thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts