Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To cut a long story short since changing my cam belt I'm getting a noise from the CAS or somewhere very near that area, 99% sure its coming from the CAS, is this possible?

It's a boop boop boop boop kind of noise at idle if that makes any sense :D

When driving you cant really hear it but at higher revs it changes to a faster boop boop / whining noise.

The noise could also be described as a rew rew rew rew rew rew...

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
yeah if its following engine revs and therefore cam rotation is likely the belt ....mebbe getting shaved or not on straight and fouling .....be careful or its bye bye engine

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the belt and I checked and checked again that it was not that as I stripped it down back to the belt twice to check, I even had it running with just the tensioners own spring tension on it to make sure before even tightening anything...

Pretty sure it's the CAS, is any one near Reading so I could do a swap and check?

Stewart

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Triple checked again today, 100% sure its the CAS, does any one have a spare one / one for sale?

Would still like to swap it with a known working just in case its something more serious, cam shaft?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Cas

Try putting an extra washer behind the CAS to pull it away from the casing.

Mine used to rub and had to put a couple or three washers behind. But I had removed the cover.

Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts