Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told by an alarm installer that fitting a turbo timer invalidates the Cat1 classification of an alarm.

No great shakes if you already have the certificate and then install a timer.

What about in reverse? If you have timer and then fit an alarm?

My installer told me he could not then issue the certificate without removing the timer.

Is he right?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
i've never heard that mate,but you could always disconnect the timer till its fitted then get your certificate and plug it back in:D

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
He is sort of right yes, you couldnt until recently have the remote engine start feature and still have your alarm classified as a cat1 alarm.. i think cliffords have a way round it now though aswell as a way round it for the turbo timer!

·
Registered
140 Posts
well i have the new clifford G5 with everything on it but its basically a clifford 650 mk2, anyway i was told thats quite a few alarms are not compatiable with turbo timers, eg it wont arm itself, clifford have a few fantastic extras on the remote so that u press a button and it has its own turbo timer for 2mins then i just press full closure it locks the car does the windows up and its fully secure, for intellistart loads of companys are saying intellistart voids the cat 1 its rubbish intellistart on the new models is basically an extra sensor that does not in anyway leave the car unsecure and because its an extra sensor for the remote control clifford has found the loop hole

·
Teck Boy
280 Posts
Hi

I got a Clifford viper cat1 alarm fitted, the car already had a HKS turbo timer but I got a Clifford turbo timer module fitted instead, so its integrated with the alarm.

Cliford module was £60.00 .approx

The hks one is still installed. Usefull if I have been on a long motorway run, I set it to 5min.

Insurance is aware and the alarm is fully certified as cat 1.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a HKS turbo timer fitted forgot to tell the alarm fitter, there outside now fitting a cat 1 toad alaram and immob, they said they just have to fit more diodes to enable the alarm to arm and turbo timer to run its course.

it was meant to be a 2.5hr job its been 3.5 but he's just finished and seem to be working fine. :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
its all crap, turbo timer makes no difference to the cat 1 in any way.
its just a ploy for the fitter to get more money from you. and as foe being charged £60 for a £3.50 5 pin relay!!!! whooo, that was a good seller!!
sorry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.