Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, merry Xmas

I have almost finished installing my front facing plenum, I need to know if I have done my catch can correctly here is a pic

Attachments

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Well that's one way! Legally, I think that's alright too (not that I'm one to talk here haha)
The fundamental reason for fitting one hasn't been touched though - there's still a hose going back into the plenum that doesn't filter through the can

Just to note - it might be worth putting a sleeve over the pipe that passes over the intercooler pipe, that's where the hottest air is from the turbo and if that's cheap catch can piping I can foresee the potential for a fire.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just clear garden hose from mitre 10, yea I am aware of the fire hazard. The other breather going into the plenum I was unsure about, I will have to fit 2 catch cans to get that bugger. The reason I'm not venting to atmosphere is I have read the pressure in the crank Case needs some vacuum at high reves to release the pressure properly otherwise you are putting stress on the engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just clear garden hose from mitre 10, yea I am aware of the fire hazard. The other breather going into the plenum I was unsure about, I will have to fit 2 catch cans to get that bugger. The reason I'm not venting to atmosphere is I have read the pressure in the crank Case needs some vacuum at high reves to release the pressure properly otherwise you are putting stress on the engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong

·
Super Moderator
9,036 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong
I would have been inclined to fit the tank either on the right next to the bulkhead, or by the air filter, it would neaten it up a bit, you can also use braided hose, looks way better,

As for the low load breather i would just blank off the plenum side and T the cam cover into the other one, it is best to utilize the vacuum from the turbo during higher RPM/load as this will help ring seal and help stop weeping from oil seals/gaskets etc, however it wont necessarily cause any damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts