Skyline Owners Forum banner

Catch tank photos/advice please

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Jock Alert 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, After seeing how oily my AFM/induction pipes/butterfly etc get I think it will be a good idea to fit an oil catch tank and vent the nasty gas to atmosphere. So has anyone any pictures or words of wisdom or encouragement on fitting one to my GTSt?

Not looking for :gay: anodised coupings or highly polished pimp-fodder tank, just something sound to get the job done.

...Wonder if this Evian bottle will do... :)

Cheers folks.

Edited out some poor spelling :rolleyes:

#2 ·
mmm... ive been having those thoughts too, just need to find somewhere out of site to hide it, ive gone to great lengths to make mine look standard

#4 ·
I was thinking of the inner wing where the IC was... or maybe seeing if the old filter case could be butchered and fitted the other side to cover something up, at least it would not be so obvious

Paul

#7 ·
Fit it so that is has a 'vapour' pipe leading back to the inlet side of the turbo (the existing pipe). That will stop any nasty oil / petrol smells in the car. Gary P (GT-ART) I think still does a nice catch tank that replaces the washer bottle (has washer tank built into one half) not expensive either:)

#8 ·
Thanks Pidge,
nice to know there are folks out there who have been down the subtle route. Has anyone used headlight/ windscreen washer nossles to evapourate water off the IC though, just a thought

Paul

water injection would generate too much obvious pipework wouldnt it?

#14 ·
Ordered

The Cusco catch tank from takakaira.com a few days, keep you all updated on how it goes once it arrives!

On the DIY front, been building an Intercooler water spray system using bits from halfords, seems like an interesting project. Should finish it tomorrow. Bought myself several washer nozzles, about 20 feet of pipe, some wire, a washer pump motor and some assorted bits and bobs, and a 5 litre plastic petrol can and set to work. Switch wired into as blank in the dash then under the gearbox gaiter to the boot where the motor is screwed to the fuel can. Hoses run out thru the OSR wing drain over the diff and along the OS left bodykit screws to the intercooler but about 1 foot short at the moment. Finish it off tomorrow afternoon and will post some results after a good test run!

Anyone tried this with any results?

#17 ·
PS

Robopope...

Finished the intercooler water spray system a few days back..... Not noticed much difference on my GTS-T. Think there is a little gain in boost pressure, but not a lot. Spoke to a cleverer person than me who lurks in here who confirmed my supicion that it won't make a noticeable difference, esp on my puny RB20DET. Might be worth a go on a bigger donk though!

#18 ·
Cusco catch tank

is here. Looks smart, should be fitted in a day or so.

PS arrived in one week from takakaira with no duty etc to be paid!

Shall upload a few pics to the my website and place a link here in the next day or so, have tried to upload one just now but it keeps coming up with a broken link.

#20 ·
Damn!

Can't get the pics to display on the page in my website so shall link direct...
Well, I have no idea what is going on with my software, but the only way you can see the pics is to go to:

www.stewart.montgomery.btinternet.co.uk

or click here:

SkylineR32.com index

and then select the pics individually... They are DSC00286.jpg - DSC00290.jpg

Damn Microshaft!

#21 ·
Well the pictures dont work for me, but I would like to take this opportunity to say , Nice Radio controlled Car......

#22 ·
Works now.

Nice, pictures.

#24 ·
yeah coolio we need to meet back up to see how things are going me thinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.