Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone on here that owns a Cefiro please post up pics of the standard turbo housing? Been looking for some all over the net and cant get any good ones. I need to be able to see the oil feed at the top for definite, please.:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

If no-one has a picture of a cefiro housing, can you identify what this one if from? The turbo came off a cefiro but its not the same housing as a 32 or 33 one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a completely standard LNA31 (facelift, 4WD) Cefiro, owned it a week an a half now.

I don't know my way around the engine very well as this is my first Nissan, but I took some pictures around that area, so hopefully one of these is what you want

There seems to be a shield of some sort over the turbo, so the next 3 attempts are holding the cameraphone upside down at the back of the engine bay pointing under the shield...

Finally a picture further towards the back of the car, pointing straight down.

Hope this helps. If you can give me an idiot-proof idea of where I should point the camera I'll get you some more pictures. Probably have to be tomorrow though as my cameraphone sucks in the dark.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lum you are a gentleman! The shield is a heat shield to reduce the heat from the exhaust housing into the engine bay. What im looking for is underneath the heat shield, if you dont want to or dont know how to remove the heat shield its fine, ill get a picture from somewhere. But thank you for taking the time to take the pictures!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry mate, I've only owned it for a week or so and I had enough trouble just changing the bloody headlights, don't want to mess with the turbo or exhaust right now (especially since I'm driving it to Scotland on Tuesday)

In the morning, I'll see if I can get a pic of the top of the turbo by sticking my camera down at a better angle, if you think that might help?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries! If you look at the pic i posted its the central housing i need a photo of, where the oil feed is screwed into the housing. I dont think you can get that without removing the heat shield so if you dont want to do it dont worry about it. Thanks for the help though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts