Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the central locking on my 93 GTSt, a standard feature? When I start the engine the doors lock and when switching off it unlocks them, this was fine but now I've fitted my turbo timer, I get out, lock the doors and then when the engine cuts out the doors unlock again, I've got a toad alarm fitted. Any solutions or ideas graetly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Alright Chris, i'm sure central locking on a gtst is standard. If u have a toad alarm it's likely it has been set up to lock ure doors automatically when u start driving (normally bout 2000rpm). When ure engine is left running on ure turbo timer the alarm system doesn't know this!! So as soon as the timer turns ure engine off the alarm system assumes u r gonna exit the vehicle and that's y the doors r unlocking themselves.
Some alarm systems aren't compatible with turbo timers and some r, u will need to speak to a good auto electrician. it might b something as simple as connectin a wire in somewhere else on ure alarm system or it might need programming!

Rixter

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Chris, I just had a thought, u might b able to disable the autolock feature through ure alarm keyfob, have a look at the instructions as it may tell u how to do it in there somewhere!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My gtr has a toad alarm that does that, it is the anti hijacking feature that locks and unlocks the doors, the toad systems are expandable so i would imagine it is just a matter of getting the alarm to know that you have a turbo timer, ring a toad installer, i bet it is something they have sorted out loads of times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.