Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a company that supplies the tool for removing the centre cap some Japanese spec alloy wheels have, I have seen them and they are a plastic tool with a handle with kind of a 6 sided end that fits on to the centre cap to allow you to turn it and remove it. I did get one from a local tyre sales company but its far too small for the Jap alloy wheels.

Would appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have one for my Impul Split rims..... Very nice it is too....
Actually, its a cheapo shite bit of plastic with 'Impul' written on it.

Once you remove the split pin and centre caps, the cover comes off and you can access the 5 studs as normal.

Ergo, its not a nut holding the wheels on F1 style, but a funky addon which kinda makes 'em harder to steal AND looks wicked.
What cunning designers the japs are....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
makes them hard to steal alright lol cant get damned things off till I get this tool. In the meatime I have had to make do with a big adjutsable pipe wrench but that will eventually scratch the centre caps badly :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup Tigger many TSW and also BBS alloys seem to have these centre caps things that go over the wheel nuts,(some Impul alloys have them too as JockAlert says) I went to Mitcham wheels and tyres and they gave me one for a tenner but was too small for the Jap ones. Looks like I may have to take one to Japan on next trip and find the removal tool when there.

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Where did you get your centre cap tool from,jock??did it come with the wheels?
I have impul split rims on my GTS.t,looking for a cap remover...will measure nut size when i get home Friday.
Sunny-if you are struggling with your centres,if they have a split pin or clip like impuls,take the pin out and use a wire coat hanger straight through..looks gash but works,and doesnt scratch the caps..!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sunny,

I have something similar to yours on mine (I think), If the nut turns about 1/2-3/4 a turn then stops, turn it midway between where it stops, then twist out the middle part (turns anticlockwise) all the way out. may need a screw driver to get it going.

Hope this helps

Moff

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
had a look, but I cant find it...I think I had a chuking out session after I moved and I think I got shot of it! sorry!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah Moff I think we may have different type of centre bits as mine seems to be all one piece, if you wanna have a look at something similar have a look in parts for sale at the 18 inch BBS wheels thread those wheels seem to have the centre pieces similar to mine. Thanks for trying mate.

Sunny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts