Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after a centre dash console, but am after the one without the rubber suface on it.

I am also after the gear console surround too, again the one without the rubber surface.

The one i have at the mo has the rubber surface, and tried to take off the rubber manually (to paint it in the future) but i am making a complete dogs dinner of it.

Thanks

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Once you scratch it off , as long as its smooth it will look fine sprayed.....

P.S im sure they all come covered in rubber... And you forgot about the piece on the drivers door.. ;) :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to scratch off the rubber stuff on the door, took me fecking 2 hour tho!!!!:crazy:

Had a go at the gear surround and make a mess of it, but then i was just using my nails, blunt knife and sharp knife.

So, although i am not made of money, i am willing to pay for a dash/console that doesn't have the rubber on it.

I know it does come this way, as i have been told by someone who sprayed their's (cheers d-sleazy). and i have seen a few for sale too, but i am an impatient bugger and want to buy one yesterday as i am getting my new interior fitted this weekend, and as soon as it is in, i can then colour code the dash and console.

·
Registered
514 Posts
rubber dash

my dash surrond :eek: is the same as the rest of my interior shiney black plastic:sorry: am i diffrent,????? its all overdose of black plastic round gear lever etc etc :crazy: does well with flash dash. amerall best...........:D :D whats all this rubber stuff. im i missing out on something. xxx :alco:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Spec 1 interior, like mine, has no rubber stuff - hoorah!!

Spec 2 interior, like Saintsmans, has rubber stuff - boo!!

;)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Spec 1 interior, like mine, has no rubber stuff - hoorah!!

Spec 2 interior, like Saintsmans, has rubber stuff - boo!!

;)
You keep hitting yor head on that keyboard mate :screwy:

But your wrong, i have a spec one and its all rubber shite... Plus i think there different shapes so not sure wether there interchangable....

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have just recently started to re trim the inside of my car. the rubber coating you are on about comes off quite easily with a bit of 500 grit wet and dry paper using water with washing up liquid in it! ok, around the switches and things it may take a little time but if you do that, then give it a coat of etch primer (about 3 quid on ebay) then paint it, it looks good!

i've just done mine in white to match the seats when i have them re covered and it only took me a weekend to get them all out of the car (including the air vents) rub them down, paint and laquer them and put them back in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts