Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to replace the standard dials, bought some indiglo ones, but am apprehensive to starting ripping the dash out.

Anyone got a link to a guide ?

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
On my To Do list...

I keep meaning to sort something out but never make time. :rolleyes:

So, as a quick overview:
first plug the dials into the transformer and apply power to make sure they all work.
1) remove dash (how to do this must be under 'search' by now)
2) remove four screws holding in the clocks
3) unplug 2 connectors on back of clocks
4) remove clear cover from clocks
5) slip the dials over the needles and the pin stops - CAREFULLY!! You'll need to stick them to the original faces
6) route the cables inside the clock pod, exiting through the gap on the right hand side
7) replace clear cover
8) tag the transformer power cables to the clock light circuit (tells you on the back of the clocks which wires)
9) connect up the wires
10) stick the transformer down so it doesn't move about
11) stick the control pad somewhere nearby
12) replace clocks and dash

that's it, piece of.

Getting the dial over all three needles of the left clock is 'fun' but take your time it will go on ;)

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I got a question.. if the clocks in the car are MPH reading and you change them got KPH ones ( Nismo ) will the car read MPH or KPH.. I cant get me head round the fact that if the needleis in the 12 o'clock position at 80mph then if you change the clocks then it would read 120 KPH at the 12o'clock position... Can some one put me out of my misery ( as far as the clocks goes that is)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I Think they will still read in MPH....

Thats because the nismo ones replace the whole speedo head, and the signal converter used to get you to MPH will still do this. Means you would have a 300mph speedo..............

:D :D :D

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Somy 80mph will read at 10 to the o'clock and not the 12.. jeez I hope so.. I'd hate to have to go through pulling the dash apart twice..

Also the milage on the nismo ones is 10k more than mine.. how can I get them to read the same..?

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moschops,

This is sound a dumb question but how much power do I need to test them. Can I just connect it to one of those 9v square batterys, or do I need some more ompf, what would you suggest ?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
erm use some wiring from your car battery, then its 12v ?

N

·
0 Posts
to remove dash , start at the ash tray , 2 screws, the rest become's aparent , the actual dash suround is just cliped in , take care tho as parts of it , are rather thin , remove conection blocks . remove dash .
WARNING , do not atempt to take the needles off , at all !!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fitted mine just.. bling bling... they needed a little fettling, but V happy with them now... even if i was a bit pushed for time... took me 2 hours to take dash on and all that just in case somebody wants a guage of time!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep... started at 7.30.. finito by 9.30.. gr8.. a bit more info with them would have been helpfull... but nothing thats impossible to fit... look the danglies now though!

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Let me know the details of the fitting as I am gonna change the brakes and do the dials on mine tomorrow.. if I can work out how to knock 10k miles off the Nismo ones...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts