I keep meaning to sort something out but never make time.
So, as a quick overview:
first plug the dials into the transformer and apply power to make sure they all work.
1) remove dash (how to do this must be under 'search' by now)
2) remove four screws holding in the clocks
3) unplug 2 connectors on back of clocks
4) remove clear cover from clocks
5) slip the dials over the needles and the pin stops - CAREFULLY!! You'll need to stick them to the original faces
6) route the cables inside the clock pod, exiting through the gap on the right hand side
7) replace clear cover
8) tag the transformer power cables to the clock light circuit (tells you on the back of the clocks which wires)
9) connect up the wires
10) stick the transformer down so it doesn't move about
11) stick the control pad somewhere nearby
12) replace clocks and dash
that's it, piece of.
Getting the dial over all three needles of the left clock is 'fun' but take your time it will go on
I got a question.. if the clocks in the car are MPH reading and you change them got KPH ones ( Nismo ) will the car read MPH or KPH.. I cant get me head round the fact that if the needleis in the 12 o'clock position at 80mph then if you change the clocks then it would read 120 KPH at the 12o'clock position... Can some one put me out of my misery ( as far as the clocks goes that is)
to remove dash , start at the ash tray , 2 screws, the rest become's aparent , the actual dash suround is just cliped in , take care tho as parts of it , are rather thin , remove conection blocks . remove dash .
WARNING , do not atempt to take the needles off , at all !!!
I fitted mine just.. bling bling... they needed a little fettling, but V happy with them now... even if i was a bit pushed for time... took me 2 hours to take dash on and all that just in case somebody wants a guage of time!
A forum community dedicated to Nissan Skyline owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, turbos, racing, parts, classifieds, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!