Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been desperate to tell the world this for months, but after 06:30 on Saturday we could finally go public.
We went to pick up the engine as soon as we had loaded last years car at Sunderland.

As it went north, we went south to pick up the V10 8 litre Viper engine.

Just about to be driven out of his maternity ward for first time...

Back home for the final tweeks and should be ready to go for it for round two at Norfolk.
It looks and sounds just like it should, mental. Taking off in third gear from the line. Torque city.

Here is link to David's post on driftworks:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/174401-charlie-v10-dodge-viper-power-s15-silvia.html

·
9,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was ok, but we are going to remove the baffles and let Charlie sing out more!

Its been a magical ride this, loved every moment of the whole thing, picking up, building, starting and competing, testing and tweaking next then David should be back up where he belongs. Top bloke and this has merged the tow cars he has loved, the Silvia and the Viper together in one blow.

To give you an idea of how close to the bone we were by round one, we just rigged up brake lights in time for scrutineering, we had no power going to windows, wipers or headlights ( they werent even fitted ) but the engine ran and it will go on to run. Its awesome. Initial problems at practise were down to the electric fan catching its own guard and burning out fuse, once fixed it was going well, its going to be mental

I Love Charlie.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,605 Posts
Charlie is the daddy. My mate has a v8 s15. Check out sil-v8 owned by chubby mc cord, its all over the net. Keep us posted tex on all updates.

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
this was great to see! tex was it you i was talking to mate?

the comentators told teesside this was a V8 on saturday, thankfully they gave us a text number so i could let them know they were muppets and had missed off 2 cylinders!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Saw this on driftworks and stance nation, looks/sounds awesome! Tiny cones tho?!?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

·
9,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We don't need big cones, the size of the throttle body ports are quite small anyway. There are two obviously but when its out on track drifting at speed pulling off the line in third and drifting effortlessly then we aren't too worried about the size of the cones, they aren't the restriction, the butterflys are.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts