Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a blitz dump valve fitted but im getting wastegate chatter coming through the airfiler and nothing from the dumpvalve, whats wrong? :(

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
because the flutter is stuttering of the compressor wheel as air is pushed back against it through the intake,denser the air(colder) the more harmonic effect you get

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just confused, even at a standstill theres nothing from the dv just wasegate chatter, i cant see why the dumpvalve doesnt blow off at all

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the dump valve should work unless the cold is affecting the diaphram or spring,the air passing over the compressor wheel will still be louder the colder it gets though

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
is the dv blocked off?????? and you sure its aftermarket as the standard dump valves vent back into the airfilter mate

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ye its a blitz matey, deffo not standard, thats why i dont understand why its not dumping, its like it is blocked off, and its just wastegate, its wierd :S

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
check that its not blocked off and that the dv is adjusted correctly :)

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
500 on engine depending on the map and 650 plus for g.box :)

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
internals will take what i posted mate easy :)

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
thats a bold statement!
its true mate just peaple are unwilling to try;)

in fact apex's drift 33 have a dyno sheet of 501 bhp on standard internals mate vids on here somewhere :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.