Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

255 / 40 / 17 P6000 are only £80 a pop !! Result

This includes balancing and all that at Bracknell Tyres, Bracknell.

Moff:D

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I rate the Falkens, I think they are a good budget tyre, grip could be a little better but for they money..

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
i've had some Kuhmo ESCTA tyres fitted....245/45 17" for 69quid each fitted. yeah grip could be better for its costing me down the strip but for the money....cant knock'em too much really.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Buster me old china,
Please enlighten us on the probs with Pirelli P6000's 'cos I've got em fitted to my car now.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Well, I have for some reason got through many sets of rear tyres and decided to try different makes to try and get over the arse gripping moments I had with P6000's.

The main thing I believe is they are not up to the job on a high power rear wheel drive car.

Spirited pull away in the damp was half a mile of wheel spin and snaking as the LSD had a play.
Large metal manhole covers caused the back to step out, worse in the wet.
Unexpected arse out action when pulling out of junctions when in a hurry.

All of this was cured when they were changed for a set of Eagle F1's. like a different car.
I am on SP9000's at the mo and are just as good as the F1's.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
oddly enough i found that moving the seat back a notch stopped all the excitement caused by the over use of the right foot :D

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I've got to agree with Buster they are dreadful very hard and not very forgiving and the grip is useless with lots of road noise,all in all not up to the job IMO.But having said that I have 2 for sale that have done 600 miles 110 quid the pair! :D

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I'll stick with the Falkens then. Have used them on my previous cars for years, and always been happy with them. Although they were all front wheel drive !! I'll keep you posted, just need to wear the current ones out !!

Moff

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
seat back a notch stopped all the excitement
If I didnt want excitement I would have bought a metro.

Getting the right rubber on the back has helped massively and I can still get excited, so problem solved and no Metro on the drive.:p

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I have them on the mine and as Buster mentioned some time ago how unhappy he was with them i shall be intrigued to see what the difference is.

I find them really rather resilient showing very little wear after 2 years+ old hanging the back out, a couple of trundles round Llandow and the brutality of the turweston aerodrome

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Cheers Buster. Must admit that I've had the 'wheel spin for half a mile' syndrom as well. Looks like I'll have to pussy foot it around in the wet till I get some new rubber.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Funnily enough we are discussing rubbers on another thread right now. It started of about profiles, dunno how it ended up about flunkies.

Tyres are your only contact with the road for putting power down and braking so I tend to spend a bit more on decent tyres.

The P6000's came fitted on the new rims I bought, no choice just supplied with suprise tyres.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts