Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok had my skyline for almost a month and well had fun lets say:

New clutch fitted ha ha well now i know what the limit is for a decent drift lol and em kinda need some rear tyres as well but want them cheap or part worn as in cpl of months want some 18/19's

anyone got some part worns they want some beer tokens for i need

255/40/17 x2

Cheers Chris

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Have a look in our members discount section as spire tires in there do some very good priced tyres.

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Hi,M8-

First off,spend £20 + VAT on a 4 wheel laser alignment,money well spent-you will thank me later,and handling greatly improoved...:)
Most tyre centres do this...:)

Secondly-why would you,or ANYONE,buy used tyres,and throw 1650kgs of Japanese muscle RWD car onto the public highway on unknown rubber....:wtf:

Dont-Dont-Dont-do it.

Thirdly-check out:
www.mytyres.co.uk
www.falkentyres.co.uk

I have a trade account with both,and rest assured my rear end only steps out when I want it to!

My personal 10p worth,on a budget/with class grip/wet or dry/occasional drag/occasional track/excellent road:

Falken FK452....

I have these on my rear 18" NISMO LMGT2's about £120 each,my R33GTS-T is running (conservative) 550BHP @ the flywheel...no worries.

Would I put part-worns on my Skyline...............?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........No!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Hi,M8-

First off,spend £20 + VAT on a 4 wheel laser alignment,money well spent-you will thank me later,and handling greatly improoved...:)
Most tyre centres do this...:)

Secondly-why would you,or ANYONE,buy used tyres,and throw 1650kgs of Japanese muscle RWD car onto the public highway on unknown rubber....:wtf:

Dont-Dont-Dont-do it.

Thirdly-check out:
www.mytyres.co.uk
www.falkentyres.co.uk

I have a trade account with both,and rest assured my rear end only steps out when I want it to!

My personal 10p worth,on a budget/with class grip/wet or dry/occasional drag/occasional track/excellent road:

Falken FK452....

I have these on my rear 18" NISMO LMGT2's about £120 each,my R33GTS-T is running (conservative) 550BHP @ the flywheel...no worries.

Would I put part-worns on my Skyline...............?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........No!
blimey simon are you running 550bhp now?

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
A "bit" of power...........!

blimey simon are you running 550bhp now?
Conservative,Keith,just a little worry over my GTR rods,and N1 bearings-may have to invest another £700 on TOMEI Rods,or £1200 on HKS rods.....awaiting NDT results on a mates Rods,but my bottom end is good for 650,Turbo good for 600........Either way,will be good enough to see a "Conservative" 550BHP @ the fly..been a long rebuild,but will be bullet proof.
Had to also fit BREMBO's and braided hoses to stop the beast...been off the road for 12 months,but if it is worth doing properly,do it correctly first time.:)
:cheers: Si

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Conservative,Keith,just a little worry over my GTR rods,and N1 bearings-may have to invest another £700 on TOMEI Rods,or £1200 on HKS rods.....awaiting NDT results on a mates Rods,but my bottom end is good for 650,Turbo good for 600........Either way,will be good enough to see a "Conservative" 550BHP @ the fly..been a long rebuild,but will be bullet proof.
Had to also fit BREMBO's and braided hoses to stop the beast...been off the road for 12 months,but if it is worth doing properly,do it correctly first time.:)
:cheers: Si
yep i agree mate the gtr rods and n1 bearings wont take much more mate, ive done mine to 650 also up-rated brakes, i had no choice its great putting the power down, but stopping is far more important......sorry for the hi-jack guys..:bigthumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,M8-

First off,spend £20 + VAT on a 4 wheel laser alignment,money well spent-you will thank me later,and handling greatly improoved...
Most tyre centres do this...
Already been done when I owned it. You are quite correct though it coupled with the new suspension made a huge difference to it. Also made it a lot more predictable when you were just on the limit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts