Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If one already has induction kit & HKS eggzorst, how much extra bhp will a nice downpipe provide ?

I want to keep the CAT I'm not looking for excuses to lie under the car before every MOT. Maybe the standard downpipe can already shift enough air for the CAT to pass through?

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Shills - I'd go with Jaffa on this and say that NOS is the cheapest way to get big bhp increase's.

Grinder - I've got a Blitz exhaust, Nismo air filter and recently had a HKS Downpipe fitted (still got the CAT) and I can't feel any difference at all which doesn't suprise me too much as, when the car was Dyno'd, it came in at 283bhp which isn't much above standard. I really can't wait for the middle of Nov now as it's going to Rod's for a bit of "tinkering" :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Down pipe and cat by pass was the one thing that made the biggest noticeable differance out of all the stuff I have done and cost the least I suppose.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Buster did you already have the induction & cat-back sorted when you added downpipe & de-CAT?

From what IanH says, it sounds like if you have induction & cat-back the downpipe alone wont make much diff, yer need to remove the CAT as well. Just speculating.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Yeah I had Induction and cat back zorst, then had cat by pass and down pipe done, massive difference mate. When cat goes back for MOT it sounds like a pooftas motor.

Mark at Abbeys told me the down pipe would be the best thing I could do and He was not wrong.

Turbot extension elbow is next, then all the breathing is sorted, get the air in quick and under pressure and get the gasses out double quick is the way to go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do not replace your filter with an open type filter ie k+n etc as this will actually lose power,use a panel filter in your original airbox I have spent only £240 on mine GTST and gained 60 bhp over standard if you want to know how drop me a line

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
shils I have to ask you what you drive as your profile says anything........

S

·
0 Posts
fastfish said:
Do not replace your filter with an open type filter ie k+n etc as this will actually lose power,use a panel filter in your original airbox I have spent only £240 on mine GTST and gained 60 bhp over standard if you want to know how drop me a line
I think most GTS-T owners would be interested in that! :)

come on then how??

Simon

·
Sil80 Driver
2,313 Posts
fastfish said:
Do not replace your filter with an open type filter ie k+n etc as this will actually lose power,use a panel filter in your original airbox
I agree with this to an extent. I have had running problems since I had the car so yesterday I thought I would put the original airbox and filter back in and ditch the K&N.

Talk about an improvement, the car is so much faster. I have a mate with a pulsar and I can keep up with that now. :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Dump the headlight on the passenger side.

NO2 is all good and cheap until you realise its over £40 a refill and last for the square root of fook-all time if you use a decent sized shot anyway. And, if you're gonna run high shots, its probably wise to map the car for it.... More cost....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Power

The main key to power gains is boost and fueling.The reason turbo cars have an intercooler is to cool charge temps,by fitting a cone type filter you may increase airflow slightly but you suck in warm air from engine bay,not good and thus looses power,airflow in a turbo car is not as crucial as in normally aspirated cars as the turbo takes care of this for you....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also,with ref to the GTIR my GTST has a Mr Turbo ecu and nothing else,my buddy at work has a GTIR with a chip but does not even get close to mine,and I am only running 12psi

·
Registered
160 Posts
easy way to make car quicker... for the grand total of bugger all money, is to strp it out... :) then sell the interior... and hey presto! youve earned out of it! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts