Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my skyline came in yesterday and im super exiciited and ave spent at least 10 hours cleaning. Also need to put in new fluids a new battery and a block heater to get her ready for winter here.

That is a little off topic anyway, When ever i go over 105km/hr i get this chiming now in canada the speed limit is 120ish ill go insane taking it on the highway, so im curious how can i turn that off..were is the fuse? I have a R32 GTR, 92. Anyone know?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wont be a fues just for that would not have thought. going to have to locate the chimer and kill it, or you could put a switch in the wire for easy off/on.
Think the chimer will be acivated by dash.

It works like

speed sensor ------ > dash clock----------- > ecu

but not sure where output to chimer fits in

If its ecu controlled then you could:

for a bodge way you can cut the speed sensor wire from the dash to ecu. Pin 53, see link for pinouts. You will loose a feature such as keep revs up while coasting to a holt for power steering/brake booster. I ran for 6 months without it connected and no stalling bad braking or dodgy steering, infact i didnt even notice. Plus your speed limiter will dissapear, and the dash still all works.

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/diagrams.html

Or for the real way you can pay loads of hard erned dosh and get a speed limit remover/kph to mph convertor.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Oh f**k me, a chime, like ding ding, what a t**t! Iv had cars with this an its the most anoying noise ever, just find where its coming from an rip it out!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Never heard of that, Yep would do my nut in for sure LOL

Is it the same noise you get when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door ???

As for Chinning :screwy: LMAO

·
Registered
760 Posts
More annoying than that, its like a ding that comes from a kitchen when your take away is ready! But constant entill you drop below the 105 - 110 kph, its the japanese speed limit!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah its a sound you would hear if your door was open or something....HAS NO ONE ELSE HAD THIS....WTF.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Its just a case of finding the little speaker behind the dash and disconnecting it, try under the steering wheel, theres a box there for giving out the noise for the lights on and key in the ignition, if its the same box, you can disconnect it and have no noises altogether or just find out which wire it is an cut it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i got it out today, you need to take out the dash and get back behind the cluster, and there is a big metal box, that basically had a speaker inside of it, all you need to do is unscrew the contacts and put the screws back in. Done, took me about 20 minutes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts