Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you guys are going to the Midnight mass or go to Church on Christmas day? I go to the Midnight mass every year and I love it I feel christmasy :) mind you I go to church every sunday.

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
kez said:
i hate beer and lager but drink pints of vodka instead
I'm a vodka man myself. Great how I don't get a hangover IF thats the only thing that I have on a night. After a couple of pints I get gassed up anyways.

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
kez said:
they are all heathens on here lol, hardly anyone believes in god!!!........... i do though
I've seen religion cause far more harm than good. Don't mind 'Christian acts' and good work carried out by religious groups, and a lot of charity work is affiliated to religion. Doesn't need to be though.

Have you read about this "Intelligent design" debate?

All religious fundamentalism scares me. It's the lack of logic to it - the 'blind faith'.

If anyone's at all interested, Betrand Russell's thoughts are interesting.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Shadow said:
I was just wondering how many of you guys are going to the Midnight mass or go to Church on Christmas day? I go to the Midnight mass every year and I love it I feel christmasy :) mind you I go to church every sunday.
NO, NO and NO :dance:

I'm free now! I was dragged and bored out of my skull until i was 13 as I was bribed with my £1.00 a week pocketmoney if i didn't go.... I got a damn job instead :whip: washing neighbours cars etc and told mumsy she could give her pocketmoney to the collection boxes instead!!

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Churches are for the weak who believe in silly things like gods to make them selves feel less alone in the world.

There is no god....i should know im a f***ing reverand!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Church? No way! Not enough time! It is christmas ya know? :funny: Time for over eating :apuke: and over drinking :guiness: :alco: :cheers: And then the stupid dancing :dance: :dance: :dance: :apuke:

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
Christmas:

It is an appropriation of the pagan Midwinter festivals, such as the Germanic Yule and the Roman festival of the birth of Unconquered Sun, celebrated on the day after the winter solstice, or the Roman festival of Saturnalia.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts