Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads do any of ye know is it possible to get classic insurance on a 20 year old car/skyline in ireland.

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
Yes, you need to join your local vintage club (E25 membership ish) and though them you can insure any 20 year old classic car for E152 third party fire and theft with FBD.

I have checked the terms and condition's on my policy and dose not mention anywhere that you are only insured while going to or coming from a show, so its all good :)

·
1,616 Posts
Well I'll be insuring mine in jan of next year :)

Just need somewhere to keep it safe and dry for a year

·
3,402 Posts
Does anyone know if you have to be a certain age to get classic insurance? (21 mow bit I will be 22 when I'm looking for the next car) but insuring s gtr for that money would be sweeeeeeet

I'm presuming there is a limit on the kms you can drive and you need another car tho??

·
1,616 Posts
You need to join your local vintage club, and the insurance is done through them with FBD

Iv already insured my 86 MR2 T-bar with them 152euro no questions asked

Yes you do need to be over 25 but there are no limits as to what can be insured, high performance or not. Sure how would an american muscle car get classic insurance if a jap performance car can't.

When i paid for it i was waiting for the insurance papers to say
"only insured in route to shows or events"
"only allowed X amount of miles per year"

Nope none of that, and checked it again and again

·
1,616 Posts
you have to be over 25......
but i called a few companys and they say my JAPANESE IMPORT HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicle dose not come into there field of CLASSIC vehicle
Once your car is 20 years old, It is a classic. No one can say its not

·
keep it side ways
1,413 Posts
if you read above posts he says as of january next year which would make it 20 years old. i thought it was 30 years before it became a classic.

·
Registered
215 Posts
if you read above posts he says as of january next year which would make it 20 years old. i thought it was 30 years before it became a classic.
30 before you can get classic tax.

·
keep it side ways
1,413 Posts
cool only one more year and mine is a classic so.

·
1,616 Posts
Yea it's a classic as of jan (even though it was built in march 93)
So what has to be done:
1. Join local vintage club
2. Ask them about insurance (don't do it straight away, they'll think your using them)
3. Pay for your insurance and help out with your vintage club as your now a member

1 - 16 of 16 Posts