Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my skyline the Centre Console had what looked like a coat of wax over the centre console and round the gator it had started flaking off and i was picking and scratching at it to get the shiney black plastic underneath anyone know what would take this off easily?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I cleaned mine and didnt want to use anything strong as i was respraying it..

If your not respraying.. My advice is to scrape it off with your nails... If your respraying then get some wet and dry on it.. Gets it off much quicker, plus then its prepped for spraying...

Heres a pic once sprayed and a few modifications... :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
@archaeic_bloke - Clear coat? Im sure hes referring the the rubber surface.. I think Spec 2s don't have rubber on there's.. Could be wrong though.

Heres a better picture...

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
I cleaned mine and didnt want to use anything strong as i was respraying it..

If your not respraying.. My advice is to scrape it off with your nails... If your respraying then get some wet and dry on it.. Gets it off much quicker, plus then its prepped for spraying...

Heres a pic once sprayed and a few modifications... :)

Mmmm looks nice but do you live in your car :funny:

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
i stripped all mine with some fine wet and dry then painted it all white. when it started rubbing off id had enough....bt=rings the interior back to standard now.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
its not clearcoat or wax,its actualy a matt rubberised finish meant to reduce glare,i had mine shiny for about a year but ive now gone matt black again

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Mine all started by flaking/leaving like little bits of rubber everywhere and it got to the point where it was doing my head in so stripped it all down and hey presto WHITE!!! ended up doing more than the dash though lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.