Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whazz up everybody, thats my new greeting!whazz up:werd:
i have finally started my clear cam cover project, have hit a problem already:swear: can anybody tell me if i need the attachment on the face of the INTAKE cam wheel....(cam wheel on the left)have a look at the picture please...
cheers
kieran

·
Registered
149 Posts
can anybody tell me if i need the attachment on the face of the INTAKE cam wheel....(cam wheel on the left)
No of course you don't need it, Nissan just put it there for a laugh. It's not like they would put something on the intake cam that actually had a purpose, or may even be necessary for the engine to operate.

;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
whazz up everybody, thats my new greeting!whazz up:werd:
i have finally started my clear cam cover project, have hit a problem already:swear: can anybody tell me if i need the attachment on the face of the INTAKE cam wheel....(cam wheel on the left)have a look at the picture please...
cheers
kieran
http://i177.photobucket[/QUOTE]

That unit is the NVCS / Cam phasing / VVT unit.

The car will run without it just like the RB26 does without it but your car will feel gutless low down as it cant advance the cam up at slow speed to aid acceleration.

My advice would be to keep the NVSC system because it works real good.

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clear cam cover

Ok guys ..i need it....so the thing on the intake cam is the NVCS and the one on the exhaust cam is the CAS...ok.
so when i get my blue adonised cam wheels from Nengun...i will have to put the NVCS on the new intake cam wheel....which means that to make the Greddy clear cam cover fit i will have to cut out a piece so the NVCS can protrude out through it....no problem....thanks again...:wave:

kieran

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
???? wont a clear cam cover be oil coloured after about ten seconds? or do you mean timing cover?

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clear cam cover

i stand corrected...i meant this ...dosent it look the dogs bollox:cheers:

kieran

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice job Kieran.

I think I will do mine now I know it will go on with just a bit of jiggery pokery.

If you use a bit of fine wet & dry paper followed by some t-cut you will be able to smooth off & polish the rough edge where you had to cut the whole for the NVSC unit.

Craig.

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
clear cam cover

thanks craig...yes i am pleased, still a bit of nip tuck to be done but the hardest part is over....actually i am using my wifes nail file to smooth out the ruff parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dogpile:

kieran
anything is possible :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts