Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have just cooked part of skyline dont taste too good though !!!

put front indicators in oven for about 10 mins on 60
and voila off come lenses and out comes orange part wheyt he lovely clear indicators !!!

will post some pics when have got camera !

lee

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sainsburys sounds ok nah can get em through work will get swilver ones

lee

·
Registered
110 Posts
You brave man.

I think the only other people weird enough to do stuff like that are Supra owners (hence their choice of cars:))

Apparently hey do it to service their headlights.

E

·
0 Posts
Wow. that sounds like it came from the same sorce as putting the radio in the freezer overnight if you forget the code.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
I got some nice clear indicators for my new 400r front spoiler. Was easy. All I had to do was nick them from Gaz....

:D

J.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its ok u have to faff around abit u r right got it from supra forum and skylines australia as thought hey give it a go as was going to ditch em anyway for something else in my custom bumper bit am keeping em now am not trying headlights as are too expensive to eff up

lee

p.s oi wa1 u saying im weird ?? wait till u see finished result !!!

and before anyone says no it wont be sh 1 t

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mm depends what ur definition of **** is ??

wait till billing thats all

E

·
0 Posts
Ive been to Billing more times than i care to remember. I only live about 30 miles away.
I remember 1 year a load of us went for a laugh with the local youth club. Anyway they used to have 1 of them punch balls,you know you put your money in & a ball swings down & you do your best to look good & get the siren going by punching it your hardest. A mate went up tryring to impress the girls,completely missed it & the girl standing next to it lost a couple of teeth & was out cold for over 1/2 an hour. Laugh.....not bloody much.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I will be interested to see what they look like...

Can you get clear side repeaters? (runs for cover.....!)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can get just clear indicators side ones for 85.00 from
upautos they look find have tried em in bumper much better

·
Registered
110 Posts
Clear Nismo side repeaters are about £35 I think (can't remember exact amount) bought em from Middlehust about a year ago. Just don't ask about front ones cos those are waayyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive.

GTSM - if it works then just brave... if it doesn't then weird too! BTW what was the optimum baking temperature? And was it fan assisted or not? Did you have to use any egg? I'd be interested in the recipe :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi,

Lee, I would be interested in knowing more details of how it can be done. Please could you explain to us? I thought the plastic was coloured all the way through, or is it just film?

Thanks,
-Elliot

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
on 33 gts the lens is masticed to the rear part of the lamp u need to be careful when taking them apart as they are really stuck well and be careful not to damage rear part of lamp

once lamp is apart there is an orange lens screwed into rear part just unscrew at and pop lamp back in oven for bit then reassmeble

not that they will be much bloody use now

lee

·
Registered
547 Posts
does it work r32s aswell cos all the pics they've all got orange ones, and i dnt think anyone makes clear ones for the r32

1 - 20 of 20 Posts