Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Have noticed this clicking noise coming from my drivers side front wheel and has started to get worse.

It only seems to do it at slow speed and more so when turning corners.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you checked the pads? or a loose wheel weight? the wheel weight might sound silly but i've seen it before.

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
this happned to me too it was a loose wheel , as above stated sort it quick with a wratchet dont just swing out of the wheel as the weight of the car will make the nuts seem tight all the best

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the help guys, will have a look at wheel nuts. Will jack it up on saturday and have a look at the bearing as well.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right i have checked the wheel nuts and bearing and they seem to be fine, any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a similar noise the other day. Naturally started thinking the worst but ended up being a stone lodged in the tire tread. Worth checking.

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
Maybe the Wheel bearing then that only breaks down under load.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a similar noise the other day. Naturally started thinking the worst but ended up being a stone lodged in the tire tread. Worth checking.
Definetly not that either, i know what that sounds like as my work carpark is full of stones.

Its definetly a metal click coming from the front wheel when turning.

·
Registered
135 Posts
well on a front wheel with no drive it can only be a few things;

tyre (something in tyre, hitting arch/liner etc)
brake
bearing
studs
top mounts
Bushes
Ball joints
very unlikely, ARB

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well on a front wheel with no drive it can only be a few things;

tyre (something in tyre, hitting arch/liner etc)
brake
bearing
studs
top mounts
Bushes
Ball joints
very unlikely, ARB
Cheers for that mate.

I have brand new tension rod arms so cant be them
Top mounts from what i can see are fine
new front upper arm bushes

Getting my mate to have a look so will let everyone know if we find anything tommorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RIght well the clicking seems to have gone after i got both front wheels balanced.

They were extremely badly out and the weights were in the wrong ****ing place!!! Very pissed off and never going to use Kwik Fit again!!!!!

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
deary me,, terrible service. glad it seems to have sorted the problem. i had a similar sounding problem on an old peugeot that got worse when cornering and it was the CV joint shot to pieces so its a good thing its not that as i imagine it would cost a fair chunk to fix.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts